Chapter41~Are you sure?~

"Nandini"

"Nandini"

"Nandini"

"Nandiniiiiiii"

Nandini woke up with a jerk and a dark figure stood on the leg of the bed.

The figure came into the light and she hit her head on the pillow immediately.

"Let me sleep manik how hard it is." She muttered covering her face with the pillow.

"Nandini I really want to talk to you"

"No I don't regret it" She answered before he can even ask the question.

"How do you even know what I was going to ask?" He asked sliding under the covers besides her.

"It's not like you have asked me this question one million times for the past two months." She said her back faced him.

"No but seriously we can do long distance and it's not like you're going to run away because you're my fiancè now." He smiled kissing her cheek.

She whined and slapped her hand on the nightstand without looking and looked at the time on her phone.

"It's four a.m. manik geez." She said and sat up straight. She glanced at manik who's eyes were tired and dark circles under his eyes.

All he did after they came back from New York is worry about her broken dreams and worked continuously.

She sighed and took both of his hands in her's.

"We can do long distance but I don't want to. You get that? And can you stop worrying look at you, you look horrible." She cleared it and his eyes droopy.

"It's just that I've been feeling guilty since the day you rejected your dream job and the fact I'm the person who came in between your dreams. I'd never want that." He let it out even though they had this conversation two months ago too.

Nandini declined the offer and they terminated her remaining internship which was okay with her because she was away from everyone for so long and especially manik.

"Manik Malhotra I love you and I don't want to spend a single day without you. And no you're not coming in between any of my dreams because---" She held his face in her hands. "You're my new dream" 

"Aren't you becoming too cheesy sugarplum?" He teased and she dropped her hands immediately.

"Yes you're right that was too cheesy. Can't believe I'm turning into you." She scrunched her nose in disgust and he laughed.

"I will find a new job here in Delhi so don't worry and for the love of God stop sneaking in from the window in the middle of the night." She threatened him and he put his hand in surrender.

She hit the hay again when manik whispered in her ear.

"Can I stay here tonight?"

"Sure but get out before everyone wakes up. If our moms know that we met two days before the wedding they are going to flip." She muttered and he agreed pulling her in his arms.