Chapter35~Okay?Okay~

"Happy advanced birthday" cabir whispered in nandini's ear and she looked at him confused.

"Let's welcome our guest tonight Mr Manik Malhotra CEO of Withering heights" 

"Withering heights?" Cabir and navya said in unison confused.

"Manik Manik? Wait is that manik? Our manik? What?" Nandini started rambling and they both chuckled.

She got jumpy after she saw him that she didn't even notice Maira hanging on his arm but at that point nothing mattered to her.

"No long speeches just wanted to be grateful that Alicia invited me here and this is my honour to be here. Excited to see young designers in making and show casing their talents. Thank you enjoy the evening folks!"

He wrapped up and he just put his foot down from the stage when he was embraced in a breath stopping hug.

"I missed you too nandini" Manik chuckled and swooped off her feet.

Everyone were just looking at them weirded out by the scene.

"You dumbass you didn't even text me" She whisper yelled at him as they broke the hug.

He opened his mouth to speak but was obviously interrupted by the satan's daughter.

"What in actual hell Nandini? I get it  he's attractive and all but that doesn't mean you'll throw yourself on him. Have some decency there are people watching!" Alicia snarled and he pulled nandini on his side holding her by her waist.

"Miss Hall the one you're disrespecting is my friend so you better watch that mouth of yours." He growled gritting his teeth. "And yes people are watching so do not humiliate your employee in front of everyone." He was clearly pissed and she clutched his arm secretly telling him to stop.

"Ah! I'm sorry I didn't know" Alicia apologised with a fake smile on her face and gave a look to her.

"Actually I've to go back stage the show is going to start." She excused herself but he pulled her back entangling his fingers with her's.

"Make me proud." He kissed the side of her head which made her break into face splitting smile. She nodded and eyed at alicia who was going to burst at any moment.

Maira, manik and alicia were sitting in the front as they were the guests and she was the representative of the company. The show stopper walked down the stage wearing nandini's design and Nandini followed behind.

She made an entry on the stage and everyone cheered. Her eyes looked for him and when they did found him his eyes were shining with glint which instantly made her smile.

The show was over and people dispersed to have some drinks.

"Hey Cabir, navya"  Manik grinned as soon as he spotted them.

"I thought you forgot about me" Navya said hugging him.

"Sheesh it hurts Navya I obviously missed you." Manik exclaimed with  fake hurt putting a fist on his chest.

"So you can obviously appreciate and say that you're the best designer Nandini Murthy!" Nandini boasted coming from behind joining their little group.

"Oh em gee you were the best girl you nailed it." Cabir said in a squeaky voice putting his both hands on his face.

"Congratulations nanz" Jake side hugged her with Emily tagging along.

Manik looked at them confused and Cabir fake coughed looking at them.

"Manik that's Emily and he's Jake. " She introduced them and he smirked.

"Oh! So you're Jake-the apple  of her eye her future lovah" He smirked exaggerating with an accent and she pinched his arm clearly telling him to shut up.