Chapter36~Love and Like~

"We've been walking since ages I'm tired manik."

"We just came out of the train geez calm down."

"Subway"

"Don't act like a New Yorker, remember your roots."

She jumped on his back, his foot stumbled on the sidewalk halting other people in the process but he gained his balance hoisting her up holding her calves.

"Piggy ride" She yelled and he shook his head at her childishness.

"You took me to a freaking bathroom to see." She whined putting her head in between the blade of his shoulders.

"A very iconic and famous bathroom is that. Bryant Park bathroom."

"I'm pretty sure Taj Palace's washroom is fancier than this tourist place." She made her point and unfortunately she was right so he had to agree.

.
.
.

"So I know it's your birthday so I got you a gift." Manik said taking a wrapped gift out.

They were sitting in a cafe eating tiramisu because sugar is what they live on.

"Oh my god really? I thought you didn't get me anything this year." She yelped licking the cream out of the spoon. He forwarded the packet for her to open.

"Open it" He insisted crossing his arms on the table and she took it happily tearing the wrapper.

"Aw you got me a tshirt--- eww" She threw the tshirt on the table moving her chair in her sudden shock. "Sorry your big ass head on the tshirt scared me." She said cheekily and manik looked at her clearly offended.

"Now that you disrespected my gift so your punishment is to wear it now." He demanded tapping his fingers on the table.

"Are you insane?" Nandini picked up the tshirt and examined it carefully. "There's a picture of you and under it, it's written 'stay away guys she's mine'. The feminist inside me wants to say so much but let it be." She cleared her throat because he did not react at all.

"Wear it" He said seriously.

"Fine you're so dramatic."

She went to the washroom and came out in a minute. She wore the tshirt underneath her dress which looked like a top and skirt combo.

"Nice shirt" A passerby man said chuckling and she went red immediately walking upto her table.

"Aw you love me so much that you actually wore it?" Manik gushed squashing her cheeks and she slapped his hand away.

"Yes I did and I hate you people are staring at me." Nandini said gritting her teeth and sank in her seat. "And I don't love you." She made it clear clearly mad.

"Sure whatever you say and you can remove it now. I was just checking if you really liked my gift." He said putting her out of misery and grinned with a proud of smile.

"Oh thank God and I sure loved it." She said with a sarcastic smile and immediately went to remove it.

It was evening by now they were just walking at the Times Square catching up with horns blaring in the background and so much crowd passing by.

"So you decided all the places to visit now it's my turn" Nandini screeched slapping her palms together.
"Shall we?"She blinked her eyes and forwarded her hand for him to take.

"We shall" He immediately enfolded his hand in her's with a corny smile on his face.

.
.
.
.