Chapter34~Bombshell~

"See that's why I didn't want to go." That's what Nandini said after she came back at ten.

"Why what happened? Wait is he a messy eater? Didn't open the door for you? Did his breath stink?" Cabir went on and on and on.

"No" she said quietly sprawling on the floor. "So I asked him questions which help me to understand my compatibility with others."

"And?" Navya asked already knowing something's stupid is coming up.

"Mountain or beaches?"

"Yeah compatibility questions" Cabir muttered.

"He said beaches it's fine people can like beaches tan, sun, pina coladas." She flapped her hands dismissing it.
"But then I asked do you like the fault in our stars?"

"You know what he said?" Her tone suddenly rose up and navya shook her head.

"He said that HE HATES IT and he doesn't like sappy movies. Excuse me how dare he?" She was so offended that it was all over her face.

"That poor thing" Navya muttered handing her, her favourite iced coffee which lit her face.

"And at that moment I knew there's not going to be a second date." She announced with finality in her tone.

"Did you kiss?" He asked doing that up and down thing with his brows with a creepy smile on his face.

"On the cheek? Yes! He smelled reallyyyy good it's a shame." She uttered bringing her knees up to her chin.

"I mean he seemed nice and everything was great you not giving him a second chance sounds absurd." Navya suggested and she glared at her which was her silent gesture saying that she's done.

Cabir was going to give her a nice lecture for blowing up this date when her phone rang.

She whined because it was on the dining table. She got up and found her phone.

"Oh my god" She screamed jumping up and down.

"Is that beyonce?" He asked with fake excitement.

"No it's manik. Like my manik. Manik manik."

Navya just went to the kitchen knowing she's living among lunatics.

"Hello manik?"

"Yikes I can hear you sugarplum no need to yell!" He chuckled from the other side of the phone.

"Oh sorry I was just excited" She bit her tongue and went to her room closing the door behind.

"I get it by the way I miss you." He whispered quietly which made her smile so big.

"Me too and we haven't talked properly for three months now." She sighed lying on the bed.

"I'm sorry for being a bad best friend." He apologised rubbing the back of his neck.

"Same here call it even?"

"Wait you're not mad at me for not calling you? No yelling, no curses? nothing?" He was so confused and she threw her head back laughing.

"No I'm not mad I guess I'm over with my crazy chick phase I thought of putting you off from your misery." She teased him and he chuckled.

"Well thanks but I like every version of your's I don't mind." He whispered and her heart swelled up. "So what's up with you?" He asked quickly changing the topic.

"Oh my goddddd you know I went on a date with this guy from work it was all good until he said he hates fault in our stars." She ranted in one breath.