Chapter43~Pre-wedding~

I think we should announce it that the wedding is cancelled " Raj said keeping a hand on Manik's shoulder.

Manik was too shocked to react. He wasn't even sure if it was real.

Raj came in front and cleared his throat.

"I'm sorry but the bride i-"

"Is here"

A mere voice came and everyone's head snapped at the owner of the voice.

"Nandini" Manik whispered and everyone gasped at the sight.

Her dress ruined with dust and blood. Her face smeared with black dust. She was a mess.

She stood at the end of the aisle but not to come to him and take their vows.

Manik ran towards her and held her face in his hands. His eyes held worry and her's with questions.

"What happened ? Are you hurt?" He scanned her from head to toe and she shook her head.

"You're bleeding nandini" He looked at her red blotched dress.

"Nothing it's just my hand. I cut it accidentally." She unconsciously held her bleeding palm.

The family members gathered around them far from the guests.

"You said you ran away?" Abhi mentioned and nandini's head snapped at him.

"What?" She questioned like it was the dumbest thing someone has ever said to her.

"Here" Raj urged her to take the note she left.

She took it carefully and read it. Her forehead scrunched and she crumbled it throwing it on the ground.

"Do you believe that?" She immediately asked Manik and before he could answer Abhi started talking.

"But you said--" She cut abhi off.

"I've been planning this wedding for three months all by myself and I will runaway from it sure that sounds very logical.'' She snapped and everyone didn't dare to say anything because they knew she's right.

That doesn't make sense and her presence doesn't add up with the whole situation.

"Manik I asked you something--" She was frantic because she needed to know what he thought.

Everything was on stake, everything depended just on his reply.

"Nandini calm down" He rubbed her arms in an up and down motion.

She jerked herself away from him and rubbed her face exhausted.

"Can we talk?" Her voice calm and tired.

"Yes let's go'' They were going to go when Sushmita stopped them.

"What should we tell them?" Sushmita asked and looked behind at the crowd.

"Cancel it for all I care" Nandini muttered and walked to the secluded garden.

"Stall them I don't know I'll check on her." Manik sighed and watched her walk away.

"Don't worry we will handle you go talk to her." Raj's support gave him strength which he needed at that time.

"Nandini wait" Manik ran to catch up with her but she didn't stop.

"Hey listen" He turned her around and she jerked his hands away

"What?" She snapped.

They were away from everyone in a secluded area surrounded by greenery.