Chapter26~Inevitable despair~

Nandini wanted to call manik to ask him if she was still invited to his party or not but she restrained herself to call him.

She knew he needed sometime to cool off so she did not call him or tried to talk to him. She didn't come out of the room the entire day.

It was later in the evening when manik came back home. Nandini was in the room as they both were sharing it.

Manik entered the room and glanced at nandini who was exceptionally silent. No one said anything. Not a single word was muttered.

"So when were you going to tell me that I wasn't invited to the party anymore?" Nandini asked patiently flipping the pages of the magazine she was reading.

"I thought we don't tell each other anything anymore. I mean it wasn't that important information, about change of plans or you moving across the country." He snapped.

"I was going to tell you manik!" She stood up with a jerk. She walked towards him and gently held his hand which he jerked away.

"When nandini? The day you were going to leave? You know what nandini Sush was actually right you are selfish." He roared in anger and left the room leaving nandini in a mess of her own tears.

He was the last person she expected to say stuff like that to her. But heartbreak really blind your vision sometimes.

                        ***

It was late seven in the evening when manik came out of the room all ready in a jet black tuxedo with crisp white formal shirt adorned with a red tie.

All this while nandini was in navya's room in a gloomy state as cavya were out on a date. Not really they were just giving manik and nandini some privacy.

"I'm leaving!" Manik informed her standing on the room door and she looked up to see him looking handsome as ever.

"Is it bad that I want to kiss him desperately?" She muttered and looked down.

"What was that?" He asked raising his brows.

"Nothing absolutely nothing have a good time." With maira. She wanted to say but didn't. He turned around with a huge grin because he totally heard what she said.

Nandini lied down on the bed with a sigh but woke up with a jerk as she got an idea.

Manik picked up maira from her place and drove to the venue. No one spoke anything because let's face it, it was awkward. He just asked her to accompany her because he wanted to stay away from nandini.

He knew she was hurt but neither he said anything about it nor nandini.

The party was going on a full swing. Manik and maira weren't really interacting. Everyone just congratulating manik and she was just standing besides him giving them warm smiles.

They both were left alone when maira decided to break the silence.

"So what's up with your mood?" She asked sipping on her champagne and he chose not to answer.

"Nandini?" She suddenly said.

"Yeah how do you-----" He was cut off in between as maira started walking forward towards someone.

"Hey nandini long time no see" Maira greeted as she prolonged towards them and gave her a quick hug.

"You look gorgeous maira" Nandini complimented her genuinely and her eyes went on manik who was clearly shocked to see her.

"Why thank you?" Maira grinned.

"Won't you introduce me to your friend nandini?" Alec smirked. Yes he was nandini's date. Perfect recipe of a disaster.