Chapter18~New friendships and realisations~

"That looks pretty cool man. That's a dream come true." Cabir said staring ahead of him and that very moment the main door got opened and gasps were heard.

"What the hell is going on? What is this cabir?" Navya yelled as soon as she entered the house with manik as they went for grocery shopping.

"We were making a fort." Nandini said sheepishly.

"I told you navya it's dangerous to leave two crazy people together

"I told you navya it's dangerous to leave two crazy people together. Look what they did." Manik said keeping the bags on the table and nandini and cabir were just listening to 'two grownups' quietly.

They basically built a fort out of cardboards putting aside all the furniture in the middle of the hall.
And they are not guilty at all.

"Why would you do that cabir?" Navya asked making an akimbo in front of them.

"We were so bored navu." Nandini whined and hugged her which made navya instantly smile at her cuteness.

"Oh! Look at her strategy she just went and hugged navya and she even melted instantly. If it for me she would have already kicked me out of the house." Cabir complained childishly.

"I know right. She even act innocent in front of my parents and they love her more than me. I mean she's so evil how's that even fair." Manik said taking cabir's side.

"If they didn't tell you that you are adopted then how's that even my fault." Nandini shrugged and manik gasped in shock.

"That's so mean why would you say that?" Manik whined and nandini chuckled.

"Aw it's okay I love you that should be enough for you manik." Cabir said hugging him and he made a face.

"Dude I'm straight." Manik chided pushing him.

"Yeah he's straight like a jalebi." Nandini commented and everyone burst out laughing except manik who just simply ignored her comment.

"By the way I have something for you." Nandini said to manik and made her way to kitchen.

"Kya zeher?" Manik asked sarcastically and nandini just chuckled.

"I wish." Cabir said rolling his eyes.

"Shut up manik atleast have a look." Navya scolded him and pulled him to the dining room which was adjacent to the kitchen.

Nandini came out with a plate nervously.

"What's this?" Navya asked as they saw her.

"Cheesecake" manik whispered with an adorable smile on his face.

"But you don't cook right?" Navya asked.

"Yeah because it's the first time she made something and that to manik's favourite." Cabir answered before nandini can reply.

Manik can't stop smiling just by the sight of the cheesecake and the efforts made by her just for him.

"Won't you taste it or should I eat the entire cake you dumbo?" Cabir asked impatiently and manik's eyes widened.