Chapter20~Secrets and heartbreaks~

"Did you knew maira from earlier?" She asked looking at him from sideways and his grip loosened on her.

He turned around rubbing his two days grown stubble nervously not meeting her eyes.

She needed to know what's going on. He has never hid something from her and now he's trying to conceal something which is not okay for her.

"Tell me manik have you known her from earlier?"  Nandini demanded and turned him around holding his arm.

"Nandini I----" He stuttered finding it difficult to form words.

"Just the truth manik please. And don't you dare bullshit me now." She said impatiently, she cannot wait for him to tell her anymore. She knew from the first day something's up. She was just waiting him to tell her but he never did and that what's hurting her.

"Okay but let's sit and talk. I'll tell you everything." He said calmly and they sat on the bed side by side.

"I met maira a year back." He said slowly because he knew she's going to be mad at him. She chose not to react and decided to listen his side of the story.

"Remember I went to New York last year for business purpose for a month?" He asked and she tried to remember. "When you used to call me at every hour because you missed me." He continued and she made a knowing face.

"Then you threw your phone because you were annoyed with me and when you came back I threw all your clothes away to teach you a lesson because you are prohibited to ignore me?" She said with a wide grin and he gave her a sarcastic smile.

"Yes that very trip." He rolled his eyes.

Dayum he was so mad at her well he shouldn't have ignored her. He knows she's psychopath.

"I went to a club one day with some of my friends there. I didn't want to go but they were quite persistent. That's where I saw maira. My friends dared me to get her number because they saw me eyeing her." Manik started with a casual tone.

"Why were you eyeing her?" She asked and her I'm-not-getting-mad facade was blowing away slowly.

"Because she was the only person who was sitting alone in the whole club." He said shrugging and she scrutinised him.

Liar that's what she thought because she knew him well.

"And stop cutting me off do you want to hear the story or not?" Manik said as she keep cutting him off.

"Yeah sure continue. Just don't make me punch you in the end of your story." She said warning him and he didn't look her in the eye.

And that's what she's scared of.

"So I went to her and we started talking. We clicked instantly, an hour passed and taking her number was a forgotten business. We were enjoying each other's company a lot when she offered me to go to her place." He explained slowly and looked at her face to see how she's feeling but she gave nothing.

Her nails were digging so hard in her right palm but she was numb. Her tears were at bay and she already knew it's bad. She wasn't that strong to continue listening to his story.

"Sugarplum?" Manik kept his hand on her left hand which was on the bed but she jerked it away.

"Please don't manik." Her meek voice barely reached to his ears because of the lump formed in her throat.

"Nandini please don't do this. Okay fine I'll stop." He said because he knew she was hurting.

"I want to listen." She exclaimed determined and he sighed. He knew she's not going to leave this topic easily.