Chapter11~Thick skulls~

THREE MONTHS LATER

"What the heck can't she even talk to me for once?" Manik almost yelled.

Dhruv and alya just shook their head at his tantrums.

"Manik she called you yesterday but your ego didn't allow you to pick up the phone." Alya said knocking some senses into him.

"So it's not his fault that she keeps rambling about her new best friend....." Before abhi can complete everybody said in unison.

"Al"

It's a sunny Saturday and not a holiday but manik decided that it is a perfect opportunity to call everyone and have a hangout.

Alright let's rephrase it manik decided that it's a perfect day to ramble how nandini and him are drifting apart because of this distance.

He called everyone and left his work because nandini isn't calling him but that's not the case. He isn't picking up the calls to see how much he means to her now after entry of Alec. Childish much?

"He was Alec and then all of a sudden he became Al wow." Manik said angrily.

"Why are you jealous manik? It's not even a big deal." Mukti said all of a sudden and smirked.

"Excuse me that best friend stealer took my place. What am I suppose to do?" He said pulling his hair.

"You know what I think they will soon start dating because have you seen it how close they have become now." Alya said fueling the fire unknowingly.

"Alya if you don't want me to strangle you to death then shut up." Manik said glaring at her and she just stood up angrily.

"You know what you are so blinded that you can't even see what's happening......."

"Alya please calm down." Abhi cut her off and tried to calm her patiently.

"No abhi not today! Have you even seen him." She said pointing manik out and he looked at her confused.
"He doesn't eat or sleep properly. Person who works day and night is having a complain session on a working day like seriously."

She walked upto manik who was looking at her without blinking. Her eyes softened and she cupped his face.

"Just open your eyes manik you are in love with her." She said softly.

"Am I?" He whispered still sinking the words which was thrown at him. And everyone shook their head at these thick skulls.

                            ~~~

"That stupid monkey, doggy, hippo what does he think of himself?" Nandini yelled.

"Do I look jobless here who doesn't have any work rather texting and calling him? Why is he even my best friend? I hate him like what is wrong with him?" Nandini rambled while pacing around.

Cabir and Navya just shook their head.

"We just got to know your pet peeve!" Navya said and nandini raised her brows.

"When your 'so called best friend ignores you'." Navya air quoted.

"Jesus Christ I wish I have a penny everytime someone says that to me. I would be a billionaire by now." She said sarcastically and went to the kitchen.

"What about dinner?" Navya asked and cabir's face lit up because they haven't eaten anything since afternoon. Little did he know his happiness was short lived.

"What do you think why he's not answering my phone?" Nandini again asked sipping her coke and Navya rolled her eyes.

It's happening since morning and they are just listening to nandini. And they are running out of patience now.

"Oh my god for the love god stop it. Look at yourself you have become insane. You can't stop talking about that little piece of shi....." cabir spat angrily.

"Don't you dare complete that sentence cabi." Nandini said pointing her finger at him and he immediately shut up.

"I'm sorry don't mind him he gets really cranky if he doesn't get to eat." Navya apologised and cabir just shook his head.

"I know navya I'm living with him for past three months and you were totally right his mood swings are worse than a woman. Like he's living on the motto eat sleep and repeat." She said sprawled across the couch.

"I love sleep because it's like a time machine to breakfast." He smirked and sipped from her can of coke and she slapped his hand.

"I know right zindagi ke asli maze toh inn janaab ke hai." Navya said and sat on cabir's lap.

"Aw! You guys are so cute. First ever couple which I don't want to puke while they are on some PDA. That stuff is really gross you know couples romancing." Nandini crunched her nose.

"Okay enough of us now some serious talk." Navya said getting up and sat besides nandini who was on the couch.

"It's been weeks you are ignoring manik. You didn't talk to him more often and whenever he used to call you just said you were busy. He had enough nandini cut him some slack." Navya said patiently.

"I was seriously busy navya." She whined.

"I know but remember when you came here you were on phone 24/7 You used face time him like three times a day. Smallest inconvenience and you used to call him and then all of a sudden you were too busy. You weren't there when he needed you and if he's not picking up the calls then it's completely valid." Navya tried to make her understand.

"Yeah I guess you are right." Nandini said after a minute of silence.

"Thank god your thick skull understood something." Cabir said rolling his eyes.

"I hate you sometimes." Nandini said and navya chuckled.

"Shut up shortie you love me." He said with a wide grin.

"Actually I do smh. Alright I'm hungry let's go and eat dinner's on me." She said and stood up.

"Are you going out like this? I thought your depressing phase is over." Cabir asked confused.

"What do you mean?" Nandini asked making an akimbo.

"I mean there was this depressing phase when manik wasn't talking to you much and you were roaming in pyjamas or jumpers everywhere." Cabir explained and confusion was written on her face.

"Seriously? But I haven't been depressed since eleven grade when I failed my maths exam. Maths suck man. That's like the worst thing ever happened to mankind." Nandini said shaking his head.

"So true." Navya seconded and hified her.

"Alright let's go and nandini please don't change because I'm literally gonna eat a human if I don't eat now." Cabir said and they were going when the door bell rang.

"Holy mother of god I'm going to kill someone." Cabir shouted pulling his hair and they laughed seeing him helpless.

"I will get it." Nandini said and opened the door. Shock would be the understatement of the year.

"Manik" She whispered in shock and he smiled at her.

But before anything could happen the door was shut close on his face by our very own nandini. Yeah she can be handful sometimes actually not sometimes every time.

                        ***

Y' all do you remember me? Yeah I'm back after a month *drum rolls*
I apologise I seriously suck man but I swear I wasn't like this before.

Anyways special thanks to each and everyone of you for being so supportive. You have no idea how much I love you guys. I promise to update soonish.