January 21, 2015: Re-envision your future

Re-envision your future

Wednesday, January 21, 2015: Whether it was professional or personal... you've likely had your share of relationship issues in the past year and it's now time to strike a balance between the ME and the WE. Just keep in mind that often life requires that you go to an extreme in order to find the balance you're seeking. Like Aristotle’s analogous stick (see quote) you often have to bend to the opposite extreme in order to straighten things out.

You have the audacity to hope and re-envision your future, but even as you stand in the doorway to your future you're called to look back... not just at the past few weeks... but way back. You (and the world) are at a pivotal choice point. The "same ole... same ole"... just won't work anymore. You've entered a three week period of going within, contemplating all that's happened, being objective and getting clear about what's been holding you back in life (be it attitude, thought patterns, situations, direction, etc…), then scuttling or altering whatever no longer serves your best interest so you can move forward without making those "same ole" mistakes again.

To repeat from yesterday: " The challenge for the coming three weeks is to think for yourself... don't simply listen and believe... rather keep an open accepting mind, concentrate, do the research, think, rethink and don't jump to premature decisions or conclusions."

Today's Quote

"We must consider the things to which we ourselves also are easily carried away; for some of us tend to one thing, some to another; and this will be recognizable from the pleasure and pain we feel. We must drag ourselves away to the contrary extreme; for we shall get into the intermediate state by drawing well away from error, as people do in straightening sticks that are bent." ~ Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics

(see link to related article in comment section)