Chapter 48 Tale Of Betrayal

No one's POV

It's been a day since Nhazul's capture and it's been all over the news that the second in command of the Phantom Thieves had been captured and currently, everyone was in Leblanc.

Haru: Did you see the news...?

Ann: Yeah...I didn't want to be alone, I was so stressed...

Makoto: Well, now we're all here, but...

Futaba: Everyone but Nhazul...

Everyone didn't say anything and then Akechi spoke up.

Akechi: I used my connections to look into it. Nhazul is being held prisoner in an underground interrogation room for serious crimes.

Akira: Interrogation room..?

Akechi: I'll say this...I'd refrain from doing anything reckless trying to help him. I discovered a few things after investigating. First, how did the swat team appear at the Palace when they shouldn't know it exists? It appears someone leaked info about the Meta verse and Palaces to them. Sae has already been removed from the investigation. She doesn't have that information yet. I suspect her superior, the SIU Director is involved. Next question, how did the swat team enter the Palace? They obviously had to use a Meta Nav. Someone other then us with a Meta Nav acted as their guide. The man in the black mask. But I'm sure he's just a pawn to the true mastermind. Signs show that this person has major pull, with both the prosecutors and Internal Affairs. In other words, the enemy is someone who can manipulate the prosecutors, the police, and the man in the black mask.

Ryuji then stood up out of his seat frustrated and Akira looked at him.

Akira: Ryuji. 

Ryuji didn't say anything and sat back down, still extremely frustrated.

Morgana: Continue.

Akechi: Meta Verse aside, there's a limit to what you guys can do in the real world. Do anything rash and it'll just backfire.

Morgana: That's...

Akechi: I'll be the one to save Nhazul.

No one said anything and looked back at Akechi.

Akechi: I can sneak into the police building and get him out in secret. Hearing that so suddenly may surprise you, but there's no other way. Trust me and let me handle it. This may be different then what the world would call an act of justice...But Nhazul and I made a deal. Besides, I know now that someone is pulling the strings. I will stick to the justice I believe in now. I hope you can understand. Rescuing him will be more difficult if anything happens. So again, don't make any careless moves. I promise I can do this. Wait for the good news.

Akechi then left and everyone said nothing and sat in complete silence.

Everyone: ....

(Elsewhere)

Currently, Sae was still interrogating Nhazul about the events that took place within her Palace.

Sae: I see. So that's what led to your ending up here. What a disappointing end to a hero of justice. I still can't believe it...but I now have a general idea of the methods you used for your crimes. There's much more I'd like to ask, but my allotted time is nearly up...I do have a suggestion though. Do you care to strike a deal?

Nhazul looked at Sae confused.

Nhazul: A deal...?

Sae: If you cooperate with me, I'll consider lighting your sentence. I have a responsibility to solve this case. I will win even if it means brokering a deal with you. Your operation was leaked, and you failed to change my heart. There's no point in being obstinate now. You've corrupted the order of this country and caused an uprising against it's very existence. You'll most likely be given life imprisonment or even the death penalty. Unless you accept my proposal.