Chariot Confidant Rank 8 and 9

No one's POV

Currently, Nhzual, Akira and Ryuji are in the courtyard of the school, standing around.

Ryuji: So, I called Nakaoka and Takeishi over here. I'm gonna tell em what that bastard Yamauchi is up to.

Akira: And if they're still fighting?

Ryuji just smirked.

Ryuji: You prolly didn't realize, but I recorded Yamauchi's whole convo back at the monja shop! I'm s genus I know.

Nhzual: That's debatable.

Ryuji: Shut up! But anyways, uh...I might need some back here. Can you both stick around?

Suddenly, Takeishi walked up.

Takeishi: What do you want, Ryuji?

???: Takeishi?

The four of them looked back and saw Nakaoka waking up.

Takeishi: Nakaoka?! W-What the hell?! Are guys gonna gang up on me?!

Nhzual: Unlike you, we don't need to gang up on someone to have a conversation.

Ryuji: Chill, we just want to talk. Listen. This here is what's really going on with the track team.

Ryuji pulled out his phone and played the recording of Yamauchi to the two of them and they were both completely shocked.

Takeishi: This has to be a joke...Yamauchi said he'd make me the captain...

Nakaoka: Is this real?

Ryuji: It's Yamauchi's voice, ain't it? And on top of that, shit's gone down just like he said.

Takeishi: ....Yamauchi's right. I don't have talent...I'm not like you guys. I ran so damn hard, but you two were always so far ahead...How's a guy like me supposed to succeed? How am I supposed to be proud of myself?!

Ryuji: Proud?

Takeishi: My dad always talks about how proud he is of his son...He told everyone I'd get a track scholarship like he did....That I'd follow in his footsteps as a second generation Taisei grad...That's why'd I listened to Yamauchi. He said if I was the captain, he'd write me a great letter of rec...

Ryuji: So you trusted what he was sayin about Nakaoka cause stupid crap like that?

Takeishi: S-Shut up! What does a thug like you know?! You couldn't know how I feel...Nobody does!

Ryuji: Like hell I don't!  How long were we running, huh?! I went through all sorts of shit with you!

Takeishi: Ryuji....

Ryuji: Who're you living your life for? Your parents? Teachers? Society? Maybe you should stop tryin to live for them, and just try livin for yourself. You think you gotta betray people to be proud?

Takeishi: W-Well, I...

Ryuji: If that's seriously what you think, you're wrong!

Ryuji then looked at Nakaoka.

Ryuji: Nakaoka. You knew something was up with Yamauchi too, didn't you? I mean the bastard's never been interested in track before...But you kept quiet. You knew he was walking all over you and you just let him do it.

Nakaoka: Yeah...I was afraid...Without Yamauchi, we still wouldn't have a team...or a place to belong...

Nhzual: What's the point of having a place to belong if you're just gonna turn on each other and stab each other in the backs?