Chapter 43 Alliance

No one's POV

It's the day after the culture festival and currently everyone is outside, as they're reading through an article that the Phantom Thieves were now wanted criminals by the police.

Ryuji: What the hell is this?! Wanted with 30 million yen reward?! What is this, a comic book?!

Ann: We're finally being treated as actual criminals...

Morgana: They're obviously acting rashly.

Nhazul: Yeah, like the 30 million reward wasn't alright a dead give away of that.

Haru: Here come the police again.

Everyone looked over and saw the police by the gate.

Ryuji: We're up a creek here. What should we do?!

Suddenly, Nhazul's phone started ringing and it was from Akechi.

Nhazul: Perfect timing.

Akechi: Hello. Thank you for yesterday. So I'd like to get your answer.

Nhazul: About your deal, right?

Nhazul looked over at Akira and he nodded.

Nhazul: Alright. We'll hear the rest of the details. You know where to meet us.

(Timeskip)

After school, everyone made their way to Leblanc to which Akechi was already there to meet them and they immediately started their meeting.

Akechi: A bounty for information, as well as an arrest warrant...I don't think Sae made sound judgment there.

Ann: She seems really flustered.

Futaba: The cops have nothing on us. No way they can make an arrest.

Akechi: But their preparations are moving right along.

Makoto: Enough self gratification. Get on with it.

Akechi: I'll get to the point. I want to trigger a change in heart in Sae I've already discovered that she has a Palace.

Makoto: You already suspected that before, right? Hence why you approached us.

Akechi: Given Sae's current state, I wouldn't put it past her to fabricate evidence. It's possible that someone unrelated will be set as the culprit.

Makoto: The only solution to this is for my sister to come to her senses.

Akechi: If she's in her right mind, she can stop this situation. And changing Sae's heart will protect her as well.

Ann: How's that?

Akechi: If Okumura's murderer finds out that she's responsible for the investigation, what do you think would happen? I'm certain they'll aim for her life. She's the perfect target to place blame on the Phantom Thieves. There is also one more merit in changing Sae's heart. It'll be a warning to not mess with us. They can't go public if someone in the investigation has a change of heart. It should show their corruption. There's a good chance they'd hold off on pursuing you further. All that's left after that is for me to discover who the true culprit is.

Ann: Then that would clear us of suspicion?

Makoto: You're going to tell us to announce our disbandment once the real culprit is arrested? Certainly, there'd be no more suspicious then.

Akechi: What do you say? Not a bad deal for either of us.

Nhazul: Well, you definitely gave this some thought.