Chapter 12 Enlightening Conversation

No one's POV

It's the end of the day and currently Nhzual is making his way to Maruki for a session and when he got there, he saw the red haired girl from before at the door and she saw him.

???: Ah,hello.

Nhzual: Yo.

???: Are you here for a session as well?

Nhzual: That depends.

Nhzual then looked at Maruki.

Nhzual: You do have snacks, right?

Maruki: I indeed have snacks.

Nhzual: Then I'm here for a session.

The girl just giggled at Nhzual and then spoke up.

???: Dr. Maruki is a wonderful counselor. I've actually been seeing him for awhile, before he came to Shujin.

Maruki: Oh? I didn't know you two were acquainted. But don't go overselling me too hard through, I'm really nothing special.

???: Well, I need to get going. Please excuse me.

The girl bowed her head to Nhzual and left and Maruki looked at Nhzual.

Maruki: What you say we get started?

The two of them walked in and Maruki pulled something out of his pocket.

Maruki: Oh, and before I forget, here.

Maruki then handed Nhzual his wallet he had dropped.

Nhzual: My wallet? I was wondering where I put it.

Maruki: You dropped it the other day. I was going to return it to you the next time I saw you.

Nhzual: Thanks.

Maruki: But anyway, thank you for coming.

Nhzual: No problem, now bring on the snacks.

Maruki: Sure, just have a seat.

Nhzual sat down and and Maruki pulled out a box full of snacks and sat down himself and the two of them started taking.

Maruki: I see...thank you. I think I've gotten a good grasp of the situation you're in, Nhzual. Well, full disclosure...The school gave me a brief rundown of your past records.

Nhzual: Shocking...

Maruki: Don't worry, I won't pray on it too hard. But now that you've told me about yourself, I think I've realized something.

Nhzual then finished his third bag of chips and opened another one.

Nhzual: And what might that be?

Maruki: It seems like you're largely been able to reconcile your internal world with your external one. I should note that's really, truly impressive. Even most adults can't reliably manage that.

Nhzual: I'm sorry?

Maruki: How do I put it. You know how everyone has an internal reality? Some conception of themselves they're striving for? Like wanting to be a model student, or wanting to be loved and relied on. That kind of thing. But that idealized reality and the one in actually are often far apart. That gap is responsible for a lot of people's pain. Not everyone can ace their exams. And not everyone can be the heroes they wish to be.

Nhzual: Interesting.

Maruki: Well, let's...

Maruki looked at the time and saw how long he was taking.