Chapter 74 Apologetic Part 3

No one's POV

Currently, Nhazul is in what can only assume to be Yusuke's room given all the paintings, paint and sketch books all around and Yusuke was turned away from Nhazul.

Nhazul: So what did you want to talk about?

Yusuke: I know my call was rather sudden. I can only apologize. But on to the matter at hand. We've already decided we're going to oppose Dr. Maruki, so I know it's far too late to say anything, but...

Nhazul: You can't look at me and say it?

Yusuke: ...

Yusuke then turned back to Nhazul.

Yusuke: I just can't keep averting my eyes from the truth...! I betrayed you, and all we stand for! How can I pretend I'm still worthy of our lofty ideals? Or your support?! I'm...I'm an utterly hopeless fool!

Nhazul: Nah, you're just weird.

Yusuke: Please, I don't deserve consoling...! You gave me strength. You taught me to face the truth without fear...That strength...That anger is how I rose up against Madarame. I saw him for the fraud he was, I freed myself from his lies...And just look at what I've become...Dr. Maruki gave me a false security. He showed me a life spun from my deepest desires and fool that I am , I welcomed it! What indescribable humiliation...! How could I be such a detestable, narrow minded sheep of a man?!

Nhazul: Levi, calm down, it's fine.

Yusuke: I cannot! This is no time for calm! And you! You of all people deserve to shame me, but still you say nothing?! I betrayed you...! I have spat on the very principles of art! And more than that, I have spat on all you did to help me find my answers! I'm nothing...Not even worth the empty words I spoke... I can't even bring myself to look you in the eyes, Nhazul....Forgive me...

Nhazul: Such is the human heart. Isn't there beauty in it?

Yusuke: Are our hearts truly deluded? Are we foolish enough to cling to these misguided fantasies?! You offer me mercy I do not deserve! There is no beauty in this! I was a slave to my hubris all along. How did I even believe the meaning of true beauty was within my grasp...? I was just a fool, lost in dreams.

Nhazul: It's the beginning Yusuke. Not the end. 

Yusuke: I see...Perhaps there is truth in that. But I can only apologize. You've saved me from repeating my mistakes once more. Compared to the grand legacy of my mother's art... I am stroll but a chick toddling in her shadow as she soars. I dreamed of flying at her side. Yet for all my leaps of faith, I only plummeted from my nest , again and again...What I needed was a teacher...To grasp the beauty in my mother's work... I needed a guiding hand to offer criticism and validation as I earned it. But why was I so convinced that my teacher must be someone in the art world?

Yusuke then grabbed Nhazul by the shoulders very tightly.

Yusuke: After all, I have a friend like you...And out talks together have already led me to so many beautiful revolutions.

Nhazul: ...-_-... Yusuke, we've had this talk before...What did I say about personal space...?

Yusuke: Oh, my apologies. I got ahead of myself. But my point stands. I believe there is still a great deal I can learn from you. And if that's true...Then I've found my teacher. And with him, the path to truly grasping my mother's art. I will not lose my way again...Let is walk this path together!