Day 204

Tuesday, October 27, 2020

~~~

So um

I somehow have a couple centimeters-long cut on my cheek, right underneath my glasses on my cheek.

I had no idea it was there until I swiped my finger over it and blood was on my finger.

So that's new.

My psych teacher told us that teens should be getting 8 to 9 hours of sleep every night and everyone in the room looked at him like he was crazy.

Then he said that getting 6 hours or less of sleep consistently means you're chronically sleep deprived, so um

Guess most of the student body/teens/students are chronically sleep deprived.

Whoo

I have to record my dreams and sleep habits for psych too.

So um

My teacher gets to know about all my unhealthy sleep schedule I guess.

Good for him.

Oh he also mentioned that going to bed and waking up times should stay pretty consistent, so guess who gets a win for that! 

That's right, I go to bed at 10:50pm to 11:15pm and wake up at 5:40am to 6:00am everyday! 

Except weekends, I sleep until 6:50am or 7:50 then :)

Course I also tend to wake up at least once every night so um, 

that's nice.

Psychology is a weird class to take, the workload is horrible, but at least I get to know just how badly my health is on sleep level!

Also apparently people who don't get enough sleep are often irritable and snappy, so I wonder what I'd be like with proper sleep...

I mean, I'd like to think I can be calm-ish usually, so just how calm do I have the potential to be?? 

What depths of level-headedness is my inability to get good sleep holding me back from??

Also proper sleep leads to better memory and retained learning which also leads to better grades.

So, if I'm struggling to keep my As in all classes, and I'm not getting proper sleep....

HOW MUCH UNTAPPED POTENTIAL AM I MISSING??

Just how much is my lack of sleep holding me back??

Like, I can't do much to change my sleep schedule but dam imagine what I could do, what any of us could do, with enough sleep!

Stay safe kiddos, remember to get at least some sleep!

Love you <3<3<3

~Ink