Day 198

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

~~~

I wore my sweatshirt for the entire day today.

I understand why everyone loves them so much, they are very reassuring to have on when nervous. 

Not enough to make me happy with what's going on in my school, but enough that I wasn't as panicky.

Uh, I kinda realized I should put trigger warnings up for some of these. So:

TRIGGER WARNINGS: talk of school shootings, armed people, threats to students

Don't push yourself if any of these trigger you. You can skip down to the next " ~~~ " to stay safe.

Also my school had a lockout today, which is basically where no one can exit the builing and no one can enter, due to a "potential threat in the community" aka there was a someone out there in the nearby area that was being dangerous and violent. According to reports (which I found out about after I got home from school, from my parents who looked at the local news) it was some guy with a gun. 

Oh, the life of an American student. 

I'm alright, the guy didn't come near enough to the school for any protocols to be enacted.

Still, it reminds me of the last time this happened. My first day in person at school this year. About a month and a half ago.

And the time a sister school was part of a minor shooting last year, before Covid.

Yeah. 

I don't like being an American student in the American Education System. 

It sucks. A lot. 

And I'm the lucky one, I haven't been in a direct shooting yet.

Yet.

Because there's always a yet.

There's always tomorrow. There's always a two days from now. It could happen at any time. 

And I'm not prepared for that. No one is. 

~~~

Anyways, 

MORE QUESTIONS!!!

Ask me anything! Favorite ____, top five greatest books, book or author or movie that changed my life, what pet names I'm okay with friends calling me by, my opinion on flavored water. Literally anything, it doesn't even have to be a question, it could be a tag-like thing. Just give me stuff!!

I love everything you've commented already, so keep it up!!

Stay safe kiddos and try to eat at least a little something before sleeping!

Love you all <3<3<3<3

~Ink