CHAPTER THREE Olive's perspective

The sun started to rise lighting the ocean like a solar flashlight, the birds and people waking. When suddenly I realized that the Grayson Town fun fair was today!

"CARTER!" I screamed in excitement. Carter hurried over and looked at me like I had two heads

"what!?" She said puffing from the run across the yard.

"The Grayson Town fun fair is today, remember!" I told her screeching

"oh my gosh I totally forgot about it! We HAVE to go!" Carter squealed. So we ran up to Carter's room and got dressed, Carter slipping on a pair of jean shorts with lace on the pockets along with a peach tank top with gems in the top, and I put on the clothes I had packed which was a pretty light purple floral dress with my grey Sanuks. We bolted down the stairs each grabbing a blue berry muffin Carter's Dad Mr. Greenwood had made freshly this morning. We hopped on my bike Carter sitting on the handle bars again and I peddled down to the pier.

"Look you can see the rides from here!" Carter pointed out. I peddled faster and within a minuted we arrived buying our tickets to get in.

"We have to go on Tee Top Tumbler It's my favourite ride! We'll go on it first so you don't have the chance to eat anything and throw up like last year" Carter said laughing her head off. I have to admit it it was pretty funny!

"Okay but you have to try a pogo then!" I knew Carter was a picky eater.

"Okay fine!" She said sarcastically sighing.

We got in line for the Tee Top Tumbler we waited for about twenty minutes before we got in the car. The theme of theme of the ride was an avalanche it took you to the top of the mountain and then it drops you down through a cloud of fog. Carter loved it, me not so much. The cart started clicking taking us to the top of the ride and I felt the adrenaline like someone hitting me in the head with a baseball bat. Then the cart reached the top and dropped the fog consuming the cart and swallowing me up like a sip of water. My stomach felt as if everything in side of it vanished and it was filled with cotton balls.

When the ride was over I forced Carter to try a pogo and she ended up liking it!. The sun was starting to set around six thirty, so Carter and I walked out on the dock and sat on the railing to watch the sun sink into the endless Gatorade blue waves. All of a sudden we heard a scream Carter and I turned to look around us a family of three was running down the dock towards us not looking at us but at the water. Carter ran over looking on the other side of the dock there in the water was a little boy around the age of five thrashing in the water. My first reaction was to jump in, I leaped of the railing diving into the water grasping the little boy in my arms he stopped thrashing and held onto me for his dear life. Carter returned throwing a life saver over the railing at us I slid the rio over the boys head so he was comfortably in it and Carter pulled him up to the shore I followed closely behind. The mother of the boy came running down the slope towards the water screaming and crying. When she got near she grabbed the boy in her arms hugging him.

"WHAT WERE YOU DOING DOWN THERE?" She cried

"I saw something weird floating in the water" the boy said certain. Carter moved closer to me but we stayed with them for a little longer to make sure the boy was okay.

"It looked like a dead octopus!" The boy squealed. The mother thanked us and we ran to the end of the dock again and looked in the water.

"Oh my goodness!" Carter gasped, there in the water was a dead octopus floating lifelessly on the water.