CHAPTER THIRTEEN Olive's perspective

I hopped on my bike and clipped my helmet on. I was going to Cater's house for the day! It was the first time we've gotten together since her date with Kyle. She had said he kissed her but the stories are always better in real words. I finally arrived at Carter's house and parked my bike on the bike rack and hung my helmet on the handle bars. I knocked on the glass door, Carter approached the door smiling.

"Hey!" She said opening the door for me.

"Heeeyyyyy" I replied as we headed into the kitchen.

"Let's get our bathing suits on and go down to the beach" Carter called as she headed towards her room to get her bathing suit.

I shut the bathroom door and put on my green sparkly bathing suit. I yanked my towel out of my bag and met Carter in the kitchen again. We crossed the smooth wood deck and walked across the sand. The sand was warm and felt really relaxing as it slid between my toes. The gentle waves lapped up onto the sand causing it to get wet and turn a brownish colour. Carter and I laid our towels down under an umbrella in her backyard and she told me all about her date with Kyle.

"Wow" I said. I was a little hesitant about the kiss on the first date though.

"Wait so he kissed you on your FIRST date?" I asked trying to sound polite, I was worried about her.

"Uh well ya I didn't kiss him he just kissed my cheek" Carter argued blushing.

"On the FIRST date" I repeated.

"Yes on the FIRST date, it's not like he kissed me on the lips or anything!" Carter snapped.

"Ok I'm not judging you or anything but you hardly know this guy the only times you've ever seen him is at the pier the one day and at the birthday party" I pointed out.

"Ya well he is from around here he is just home schooled, and he's Tessa's cousin" Carter added calming down a bit.

"Ok ok I trust you, if you like this guy then I can get along with him" I agreed. Carter smiled. I fidgeted with my friendship bracelet Carter and I had made together that one day at the market. Carter saw me looking at it. A cool wave splashed over my head soaking my towel and pretty much my whole upper body. I gasped and looked behind me. Carter stood with a bucket in her hand, a guilty smile spread across her face.

"Olive it fine if you don't like Kyle, but I do so you're gonna have to deal with it. It's NEVER going to come between our friendship I promise" Carter said and splashed a bit of water in my face that was left in the bucket.

"Ahh! I'm going to get you for that!" I laughed and chased her with a clump of muddy sand in my hand.

"No! No! No!" Carter squealed laughing trying to get away from me. But I realized something.

"Hey Carter what did you say the name of Kyle's Dad's boat was?" I questioned remembering the boat flag we had found a while ago.

"Uhh Castaway Coast, Ya that's what it was" she mumbled looking for seashells.

"Do you know who Kyle's Dad works for?" I asked another question.

" I didn't ask" she replied not even realizing what I was getting at.

"That boat flag we saw while we were at the market, Castaway something remember!" I exclaimed.