CHAPTER FIVE Olive's perspective

I woke up and threw on a tank top with little leaves on it and a pair of jean shorts, quickly brushed my hair and my teeth, grabbed an apple and went down to Monchico beach to meet Carter.

I waited a couple minutes until Carter arrived.

"Hey!" Carter hollered from the bike rack a couple metres away.

"Let's get to work" I replied.

Carter and I walked down the beach looking at the nesting leather backs. I could tell we were both thinking about the turtle incident the night I stayed over.

After a long day of searching the beach there were only a couple dead little jellyfish, like normal. We decided to take a break and go for a swim. Carter's Dad had dropped off her surf board. We swam out quite aways then we both sat on the surf board dangling our legs off the side in the water. Little fish swam around us, every once in a while they would stop and nibble on our toes.

"Do you ever wonder what it would be like to live in the ocean?" Carter asked gazing into the distance.

"All the time" I replied looking at her. She was still staring off in the distance.

"Do you see those four boats out there?" Carter asked concern in her voice.

"Where I don't see any boats?" I questioned trying to see the boat that was apparently out in the water. "Oh okay I see them" I said finally seeing the boats.

"They look exactly like the ones that I saw last week when I found the dead nurse shark" Carter said slowly studying the four boats. It started to rain as the dark clouds settled in like a swarm of jelly fish threatening to sting us with lightening. A ginormous crack filled the air the first strike of lightening slicing through the air striking one of the four boats as little flames grew tackling the boat Carter and I paddled back to shore as quickly as we could. Carter grabbed her phone and called 911 and told them that a boat at Monchico beach had been struck by lightening as was on fire. We dashed up the hill to the closest persons house that we knew. I knocked on Mr. And Mrs. Brunestin's door. The lightening struck again far in the distance shaking the ground like an earth quake. Mr. Brunestin opened the door and let us in. Carter and Mrs. Brunestin called our parents to tell them we were safe and where we were. I looked out the window, the wind was so strong it was whipping the trees around in circles and the sky was so dark you could swear it was night time. Heavy rain fell clanking again ya the roof causing a consent buzzing sound. While we waited for the storm to be over Mrs. Brunestin made Carter and I a cup of tea.