CHAPTER SIXTEEN Carter's perspective

Kyle's dad had forced Kyle and I into the house and had me tied to a chair.

"When can I leave?" I asked trying to sound snotty.

"When I get the promise you aren't going to tell anyone our little secret, or maybe you'll have to die with that secret missy! This is my job, this is how I make my money. I don't need to go to jail AGAIN!" Mr. Veset croaked maliciously.

"Dad your going overboard with this! You know you've done wrong just deal with the consequences and let Carter go!"

"Son, stay out of this it's none of your business" Mr. Veset said, shoving Kyle against the wall and punching him in the nose.

All of a sudden there was a knock on the door. Mr. Veset dragged the chair I was tied to around the corner and out of sight.

"Hello?" I heard Mr. Veset say.

"Hello Sir! I have a surprise for you!" A familiar voice said.

I managed to slip my hands out of the rope that tied my hands together. I quickly untied the rope around my ankles as well and peered around the corner.

"Carter!" Kyle whispered from across the room.

Kyle gestured towards the back door and placed his finger over his mouth indicating for me to be quiet. I was making my way towards the back door when I was suddenly soaked with water. It was Olive! In her hand was a garden hose and she had drenched Mr. Veset.

"Run!" Kyle screamed and we bolted out the back door.

Sirens sounded from farther down the street and Olive met us out front of Kyle's house. Olive ran to me and embraced me in a wet hug.

" oh my gosh I'm so happy your alright! I got here as fast as I could" Olive said still hugging me.

"You came at the right time" I sighed wiping a drip of water off her head and flicking it at her face.

"Carter I'm so sorry, I had no idea! Please forgive me" Kyle apologized wiping a drip of blood from his lip where his father had punched him.

"No, I can't be with you! How do I know your not like HIM" I said pointing to his father as the police shoved him into a car.

"But Carter! Please!" Kyle begged.

"No Kyle, No" I said heartbroken and confused.

Olive's family and my own had come to pick us up. The cops asked us several questions about what happened and we told them everything.

I got home and had I quick shower. When I got out I flicked on the tv to see Olive and I standing in front of Kyle's house.

"Great it's on the news!" I groaned turning the tv off.

My phone dinged and I grabbed it out of my coat pocket and checked my messages. It was Kyle. I read his message.

"- Carter I'm very sorry for what happened I swear I had nothing to do with it-"

I didn't reply I just deleted his contact from my phone.