CHAPTER SEVEN Olive's perspective

We pulled around the corner to Carters house and I opened the car window and looked in the rearview mirror. The amazing colour of my Aunts car glistened in the beautiful morning sun. A cool breeze whipped my hair and we slowed and Carter waved. I could smell the saltiness from the water in the breeze, and I could her gentle rush of water as it cascaded on the beach. Cater swung herself inside the car and fastened her seat belt. I turned on the radio to the classical music station, it was my favourite. I hopped out of the car to sit in the back seat with her and clicked my own seat belt in place.

So how's the boat?" I asked cautiously.

"Umm... it's not so good it's pretty much ruined" Carter replied hurt in her hazel eyes.

"Oh" I said ending that awkward convocation.

"Anyway... I'm excited to shop today, I actually had some money left over from our trip so I brought that" Carter said changing the subject.

"Well that's a surprise you usually spend all your money the second you get it" I joked laughing, Carter laughed as well.

"Anything in particular you are looking for?" I asked Carter.

"Not that I can think of" she replied and glanced out the window.

We pulled up to the beach parking lot. The market was always held on the beach, I always liked that because when you get exhausted you can relax or go for a swim.

"You two ladies sick together" Aunt Donna said walking up behind us.

"For sure" Carter and I said at the same time and we laughed.

"Meet at Gloria's Harbor Café at twelve thirty" Aunt Donna said sternly.

"Okay" I hollered as Carter and I ran off to go shop till we drop.