20; "the ferragamo falcon way..."

𝐈𝐳𝐚𝐢𝐚 𝐈𝐧𝐞𝐳 𝐀𝐦𝐛𝐫𝐞
day 38 ; hour 10 ; minute 37
vesaix standard time

akeem showed up a little while later with a small black satchel and a light blue scarf of some sorts on his head. he was a light brown complexion with similarly light eyes. he wore a black hoodie with shimmery silver studded lettering and shorts.

the aura around him wasn't quite as wild as peggy's, who carried a chaotic air to him, but not nearly as collected and mindful as denzel. there was a certain arrogance to the way he presented himself, it was different. and his eyes seemed to assure me that he was unlike anyone i'd ever met.

he hopped over the back of the couch, reaching into his bag. "so what we doin'?"

i sat next to him, just far enough to have my own space. "i don't know."

akeem pulled out a glossy black bottle with a label reading 'belaire rosé'. the way he moved seemed calculated. "you drink?"

i glanced at the bottle and then at his bag, almost confused at how the glass fit inside. "yes?" why was that even a question?

"know how to make mimosa's?" again he reached into the tiny bag, his hand coming out with container of orange juice.

i shook my head, staring as he unwrapped the belaire.

"aight, i'ma show you how it's done. we gone make this shit the ferragamo falcon way, you feel me?" he smiled, gold outlining his teeth. "gon' be wavy. bring me some cups- and not no small ones either."

i went to the kitchen and grabbed the biggest cups from the cabinet. the black bottle was spilling over onto the table as i placed the cups in front of him.

"aight look. this how i do it; you pour 'bout this much belaire," he filled the cups up more than half way. "then you top that shit with orange juice, you dig? give it a lil splash of tanginess."

i nodded taking in everything he said.

he slid me one of the cups and i took a big gulp from it. the flavor was hard to describe but it was bubbly which i liked. i coughed a little but continued to drink.

he chuckled, "fye ain't it? i'm the best at this mixology shit."

i silently drank until the contents of the cup had disappeared. i gave him the cup to refill which he did without question.

"wanna watch netflix?"

he shrugged. "nah, not really. help me build this gundam real quick."

i burped softly into my palm. "what's that?"

his backpack, though small, seemed to be endless this because he pulled out a giant cardboard box. i peeked my head inside. "what else is in here?"

"my paint, some classwork, zel said you might fall asleep and i got to be productive, keep being the top of my class type shit. being smart ain't easy, i be making niggas think that but nah." he shook his head gently. "bring me some napkins."

i head to the kitchen and back. "here."

" 'preciate it." he mumbled, wiping up the spilled liquid.

"what do i do now?" i felt lighter, weightless even, almost like a feather.

"sit down first of all," akeem smoothed out his shorts. "i need you to open all these aight? i'ma free 'em from the gate and you keep them organized by letter."

i nodded, my head fuzzy all of a sudden. it wasn't severe but i definitely noticed it. "i still wanna watch soul eaters."

"girl go ahead. i said i ain't wanna watch it, as long as you dont fuck up the gundam we coolin."