8; "it never changed..."

𝐈𝐳𝐚𝐢𝐚 𝐈𝐧𝐞𝐳 𝐀𝐦𝐛𝐫𝐞
day 40 ; hour 00 ; minute 00
greenland standard time

the manor never changed. it was like nothing ever grew old in or around it. even marigold looked as young as the day i first met her. the flowers didn't grow or die, the leaves on the trees never fell. the paint never chipped and the plaster never cracked.

nothing ever changed and being there now, after spending years away at the academy- it was eery. it made me sick.

why had i ever wanted to be here again?

it was like time was broken, the clock hands kept spinning round and round. and in front of it i sat, like i always did, waiting for something to happen, for a change to be made. but much to my dismay, nothing ever did.

whenever i looked back on times where i was content, i would be here, in this unchanging prison. life was such a blur when i lived here. i could only remember bits and pieces, all unusually nice memories. i don't remember ever being very upset as a kid and if i was, marigold would take me to my favorite place and i'd be happy.

my body froze with the time as the front door opened and i came face to face with isaiah himself. my heart softened and i wanted him to hug me and whisper that i was doing fine. i wanted him to fix whatever was broken inside me.

"is there a reason why're you're cuffed, my love?" he laughed softly.

the tears came on their own, trickling down my face. i couldn't find words to express how happy i felt.

why was i happy? i was never happy to see him. i was never happy in general so the emotion felt like vomit. something was wrong. my body was trembling.

reginald undid the cuffs and i ran into the mans arms. i remembered hating him but now i was unsure why. how could i hate him?

he pet my head like he always did. "you've grown so much."

you've grown so much... i've grown so much...

at that moment everything sped up then halted all at once. and it may seem like it but that wasn't an exaggeration. everything stopped; the petting, the tears, every sound, while my heart ran around wildly and the smokey air did acrobatics in my lungs.

the fantasy had vanished right before my eyes. i hadn't even left the plane.

i felt like i was going insane.

my stupid, stupid fucking imagination.

five years. i had been gone for five years and he only visited me once that entire time. who the fuck did he think i was? he forgot all about me.

i was no longer experiencing any sort of elation being back at the manor.

i stomped up the stairs to the grand doors, a scowl set on my face. "reginald take the fucking cuffs off."

he silently unchained me and i pushed the doors open, not bothering for isaiah to greet me. i didn't need him to open doors for me anymore. i didn't need anything from him ever.

why did i even think it'd be like it used to? i'm not a kid anymore. he isn't my dad anymore. he never was.

"my lady!" marigold called as i went straight to the the stairs. the conference room was on the second floor, down the hall, to the right, hidden behind large white doors with ornate carvings colored with what i used to think was blood. "izaia!"