12; "perisa melton smiled..."

𝐃𝐞𝐧𝐳𝐞𝐥 𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐲
day 30 ; hour 16 ; minute 09
vesaix standard time

the book on sector 16 made no sense to me. so much so that i didn't even finish it before peggy had to return it to the library.

my head hit my desk in frustration as i looked at the level 12 traveling book in front of me. the words were blurring together and i was having trouble figuring out what any of it meant.

it was time for a break or else i'd die from confusion. i went to my bedside table, pulling the book about isaiah ambré from the drawer. it had to be more interesting than what i was currently reading.

i read the inside of the front cover of the notebook where the summary would've normally been. because it was an ongoing story the writing was in the present tense instead of the past which threw me off a little. the words and sentences would change ever so slightly as if something she was doing had changed the book.

isaiah imari ambré is the denomination of the most puissant demon in hell, responsible for enticing humans with the promises of wealth and fame, indulging in their avarice. though a relatively incipient demon, isaiah took the place as lucifer's second in command at the meager age of 10 millenniums.

while much of their human life is undocumented within this article, it has been confirmed that their peregrination to a becoming demon commenced when they turned 26 years old. they evoked the demon of prurience, asmodeus, who granted isaiahs wish to hold the denomination of a devil in training. it's additionally undocumented when they became a demi demon and were picked as the predecessor for mammon, the precedent deity of acquisitiveness.

my eyebrows knit together as i looked at all big words on the page. i didn't know what any of it meant other than this wasn't about who i thought it was. still i was curious and skipped ahead, continuing to read. why did this person have the same name as izaia?

i stopped flipping pages relatively close to the beginning of the book.

...to fulfill his wish of becoming a demon in training isaiah began searching for ways to train under one. much to his surprise he found a shortcut hidden in the back of his textbooks written in red ink.

"isaiah, do you really believe this is the best course of action?" his brother asked over the candlestick phone that spanned miles over the sea. had it not been for their magic the means of communication they used wouldn't have worked. "i think this magic institute you've enrolled in has severely warped your sense of reality."

his brother was aware that isaiah was indulging in black magic at the academy. he always worried that isaiah would get sucked into the evil teachings. he just didn't realize how soon that fear would come to fruition.

"izzy don't worry." isaiah falsely reassured the seventeen year old. "i won't transform into to some malignant demon, i have goals."

izzy let out a sigh, unconvinced. malicious and demon went hand in hand, one could not exist without the other. "have you considered pausing your studies and returning home? maybe you could even attend school with me?"

"why in the devils name would i do that? i'm on the road to immortality and immense power, why would i detour now?"

"there are limits to magic. you won't be a mage anymore, you'll be the embodiment of everything that is wrong with magic, the evilness that is in it..."

"i know that." he whispered to himself, rolling his eyes. "izzy you're worrying when you don't have to. this path opens opportunities that being a mage could never offer."