19; "wanna watch netflix?"

𝐈𝐳𝐚𝐢𝐚 𝐈𝐧𝐞𝐳 𝐀𝐦𝐛𝐫𝐞
day 38 ; hour 04 ; minute 13
vesaix standard time

i woke up at an odd hour, denzel still asleep beside me. the last thing i remembered before he put me to bed was eating pizza bagels that he had in the freezer. it was about as close to crackers and caviar that he had on hand. i didn't mind it though. pizza bagels were actually good.

denzel and i also set up a few rules that i needed to follow while i was alone. they were all simple enough, for the most part i wasn't allowed to go anywhere alone which i was used to. i doubt i would leave often due to fear of being found.

my eyes lingered on his sleeping face, trying to enter his mind the way he did mine. no matter how hard i tried it didn't work, i assumed i was doing something wrong.

sighing i laid my head on his stomach wondering what i was supposed to do while he slept. i wasn't necessarily bored but i was far from entertained. though this definitely beat sitting in my bathtub reminiscing on my childhood by miles.

after counting denzel's breathing about 129 times, i got out of bed and tiptoed down the stairs to the kitchen.

his dorm house was vastly different from mine, and the manor. his bedroom door, for one, locked from the inside and not the outside, meaning i didn't need anyone to let me out. there weren't any servants or guards either. the way he lived seemed so free. there was no one telling him when to sleep or wake up or get ready for class.

i went to the fridge, my hand stopping just short of the handle. nervousness bubbled in my tummy as i thought what i wanted to do was wrong. i took a step back, not wanting anyone to yell at me for eating their food.

internally i was battling with myself. denzel had never mentioned this being against the rules. but something in my head told me he had forgotten to mention it and that i shouldn't touch anything.

"you good?" a voice asked, causing me to go into a defensive mode.

i spun around to face the person, my heart halting.

he was tall with slightly bugged eyes hiding behind low eyelids. He was dressed oddly, in colorful garments that flowed around his figure.

denzel mentioned his roommates but i hadn't seen them we arrived. i assumed that this was one of them.

"could i have pizza bagels?" i asked, apprehensive of his response.

the man shrugged. "go ahead. make me some too." he hopped on to the counter, swinging his legs around. "you couldn't sleep or something?"

my eyes widened slightly as i recalled denzels actions from earlier. "how'd you know?" was he a mind reader?

"yes, and it's 4 in the morning and yo ass is making pizza bagels." he laughed. "it's sorta obvious."

"oh. could you not sleep?" i questioned, haphazardly pouring 23 bagels on a red plate. i then put them in the microwave for exactly 1 minute 30 seconds.

"nah, i just got back from a show." he belched, scratching the inside of his nose. "who are you by the way?"

"izaia."

this was another rule, no longer introducing myself as izaia inez ambré, i'd just be izaia from now on. i had come up with this rule since i was still unsure of what it did. having no one at school recognize me until i said my name was traumatizing almost.

"oh, you the girl from out of town!" he snapped his fingers. "where are you from again?"

i smiled to myself, knowing how to answer, "greenland."