15; "i told you i would...."

𝐃𝐞𝐧𝐳𝐞𝐥 𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐲
day 35 ; hour 01 ; minute 29
vesaix standard time

traveling was mentally exhausting and the pressure i was under to do everything right caused me hella stress. my body was physically drained from jumping through space and time so frequently. almost every few hours i was rushing toward some distant place. then getting back to where i'd come from in the in first place was stressful on top of that.

i sat at my desk looking at some equations i had finished, my destination had been the cancuns but somehow i completely fucked it up. sure i was shitty when it came to doing math but for once i had actually done everything right. every stupid problem was solved perfectly, i even used to math to travel just to make sure, and of course i ended up in the cancuns. so how the hell did i end up in the 16th?

something wasn't making any sense.

and i wasn't sure what it was i supposed to do to get izaia out of harms way; i'd been relying on replicating the math i did that night but like perisa told me, she wasn't sure how i ended up there either.

now i was left to figure this all out with no starting point. i had absolutely nothing to go off of. i was still years from mastering parallel jumps which happened to be the most important factor in this rescue mission.

i groaned, laying my head on the sheets of paper sprawled across my desk. the numbers were starting to float around everywhere and my head was hurting. every part of my body was begging me to sleep so i tried closing my eyes but that turned out to be a dud.

the second my eyelids shut i could feel a familiar coldness creeping up my spine and the sensation that i was falling through the atmosphere before landing on a cushioned surface.

this wasn't my doing, traveling that is. i hadn't made any conscious decision to leave my room. if anything, i wanted to stay there and rest. i wasn't sure what kind of magic was going on but i knew where i was without even having to look around. maybe perisa wrote this in... she could do that right?

there was a stiff tension in the room. it was dark and entirely too warm. something close to despair filled my lungs until i felt like i was drowning.

"denzel." her voice craddled my name.

my eyes shot open. why hadn't i thought of it before? izaia was clearly doing something to bring me here. what was it though? what was it that perisa had missed?

"i can't be here anymore," even as collected as she appeared, i could feel her heart thumping, fear radiating off her like heat from the sun. just like her i was feeling smothered in the spacious room. "please don't leave me here again."

my mouth felt glued shut. so many questions were swirling chaotically in my head. how the fuck was i supposed to get the both of out of this hell hole alive?

she stared at me. "denzel?"

"im thinking, darling."

she let out a small breath, relaxing a little. "you are real right?" she reached over, fingers tracing my jaw.

"yeah." had my focus not been on what i was going to do, i would've leaned into her palm. it was like she was sending large volts of electricity buzzing through my face. i could only describe the feeling as intense and anaesthetizing

"kay." she smiled sadly, pursing her lips for a second. "you don't know how to get me out of here do you?"

she was afraid and as a result so was i.

"in theory i could do it... in reality, we may be fucked." i admit softly. "we aren't in the same dimensions of time so it makes it hard for me to just get us out of here."