9; "most important mages..."

𝐃𝐞𝐧𝐳𝐞𝐥 𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐲
day 24 ; hour 09 ; minute 49
vesaix standard time

images of izaia being tortured flickered throughout my dreams. she'd scream and cry and every time it'd wreck havoc in my soul. just when i'd get close enough to grab her, the image would fade away and i'd turn in circles hyperventilating. every fucking time, my chest would seize up as i reached for something too far for me to grasp.

seeing her so tormented made me want to throw up. it was no wonder she was so terrified of those stupid military guards.

i woke up in a cold sweat, my powder blue sheets sticking to my skin. the warmth from my blanket was almost suffocating so i tossed it to the side. if that's what she was enduring i could understand why she was so out of touch with reality.

i reached in the drawer next to my bed and dug around for my weed, grinder and wrapping papers. my head was swirling with questions and i honestly wanted them to go away.

"what the fuck is going on in the 16th?" i wondered aloud, rolling up the weed in a blueberry flavored wrap.

peggy had said it was the equivalent to hell, the place where all evil was banished to. it just didn't make any sense to me how izaia would end up there. from the short time i spent stuck there, i got the impression that she was sweet and hated where she was. of all the emotions she was feeling i didn't get the sense that any of them were used to manipulate me. everything felt raw and the most manipulative people feel sugarcoated pain to try and lure you in. with izaia there wasn't any type of ill intent. and i was usually pretty good at pinpointing peoples intentions.

smoking eased my mind some and calmed the nervous jitters from the nightmare. even with that being the case, i wasn't feeling comfortable enough to attend my 10:35 astral projecting class.

when i thought about it, everything felt like a waste of time. what the fuck was i even doing? she was probably being abused and here i was smoking weed.

there was something that wasn't adding up. the question of why izaia was in sector 16 to begin with kept ringing around in my head. it made me wonder if i was actually doing the right thing trying to set her free.

sure it felt right but was it the best course of action for everyone else?

"izaia inez ambré..." her named tasted sweet on the tip of my tongue before slowly transforming into a bitter burn. "fuck."

i grabbed my phone and opened my messages.

peggington
9:59am

yo can bring me a book on s16
and if you can, a book about isaiah inez ambre
or maybe ombre?? not sure how its spelled.

《¤》《¤》《¤》《¤》

around 1 a facetime request from peggy flashed on my screen.

"what did you need the books for?"

"personal research." i explained vaguely. it felt like something i needed to keep to myself.

"the librarians ask this shit you know."

"uh say class..." i rubbed my chin trying to think. "i dont know nigga just make some shit up."

he rolled his eyes. it was clear that he had just finished smoking because his eyelids were hanging low as hell. "aight, gimme a minute while i ask mr. cisowski."

peggy went up to the front desk and asked one of the librarians for directions to the books on sector 16. the man stuttered for a moment.

"m-may i scan your ID? o-only third years and above have ac-access to sensitive information; certain dis-disciplines are an exception however."