Chapter 19- (Here to stay)

Bryan's POV

I find myself sitting there, consumed by thoughts of Leona's well-being. Her reluctance to communicate with me is understandable, considering my friends' role in the entire situation.

"Bryan, you really need to calm down," Nana Yaa interjects, a faint smile playing on her lips.

"Calm down? Are you kidding me? What was the meaning of that ridiculous stunt you guys pulled?" My frustration spills out.

"And Christopher? You also decided to get involved in this mess with the girls?" I can't help but let my disappointment show.

"Hey, bro, just calm down," Christopher's voice carries a nonchalant tone.

"I can't believe it. You were the one who had confided in me about finding Cassie attractive and wanting to know her better. I had even offered to help, given Leona and I's close relationship. Yet, you turned around and joined in on the mockery."

"That was so low of you, Chris. All of you have taken this way too far, and honestly, I want no part of it. As for Angela, I don't even want to see her around," I declare vehemently.

Nana Yaa's next revelation stuns me. "I'm just using her. I have something on her," she admits with a calculated air.

My shock is evident. "What? Why would you stoop that low?"

Her response is chilling in its simplicity. "Why not? She was already upset with her friends. It was easy to exploit."

I can't fathom it. "And all of this for what? What did Leona ever do to you?"

"She dared to reject my offer to join our squad! No one rejects me without consequences. And now she's paying for it," Nana Yaa's words drip with spite.

I can't believe the immaturity of her reasoning. "Are you really that childish, Nana Yaa? She turned down your offer politely, and you've caused all of this chaos because of it?"

Her response is remorseless. "I didn't anticipate it escalating to this extent, Bryan. But I can't deny that it's been entertaining."

At this point, I can't bear it any longer. I stand up and walk away from the scene, my decision clear. It's evident that this friendship have been shattered irreparably.

Leona's POV

Today marks the start of our punishment, and I focus solely on my tasks, deliberately keeping my distance from Angie as we work separately.

Amidst my concentration, I notice Bryan approaching me. I'm not ready to engage with him, but he appears persistent.

"Leona, please wait," he calls out, and I come to a halt, curiosity stirring within me.

I turn to face him, my guard still up. "What is it? Why are you here?"

His plea is sincere, his words carrying a genuine weight. "Leona, I'm sorry. Please forgive me. I had no knowledge of any of this. I was just as taken aback as you were. I've severed all connections with my friends. I want to stand by your side and offer my support. Their actions are indefensible, and I won't align myself with their behavior. Can you find it in your heart to give me another chance? I'm committed to setting things right, okay?"

A small smile tugs at my lips as he uses a fond nickname. "My pretty pretty girl," he says, coaxing a genuine smile from me.

In that instant, I let down my defenses and embrace him, feeling his reciprocation. With Bryan, a spark of hope ignites within me. He's the sole figure remaining, and I find solace in knowing he won't abandon me.

______________________________________
Once again thank you guys for all the support. We are almost at 3k reads and 500 votes😭❤️❤️ I'm so grateful guys. I love y'all ❤️❤️

Be expecting more chapters soon.

-Daisy.