Chapter 29- (Secrets and kisses)

Bryan's POV

"Bryan, you've got a mail," one of my classmates says, handing me a letter. Excitement bubbles as I leave the classroom to read it. It's from Nana Yaa, and I'm genuinely glad. Opening the letter, I stroll through the hallways. We've resorted to exchanging letters since I can't visit her much after my suspension. As I read, I accidentally collide with someone, causing the letter to fall from my hand. Leona picks it up, her chuckle grating on me. "You're shameless, Bryan," she taunts. Irritated, I retrieve the paper. "Didn't your parents teach you any manners? Why take and read something that's not yours?" I snap.

"Don't deflect, Bryan. Why are you still in touch with that girl?" Leona's voice drips with disdain. "And why talk to me when you swore we'd never speak again?" I retort. She rolls her eyes, her tone venomous. "You show no respect for Angie. Chatting with her murderer? Her insinuation cuts deep. "And I almost forgot, you're an accomplice too," she adds.

I shoot back, "Say whatever, but that doesn't change the truth that you and your friends triggered all this. If you hadn't ignored her, maybe none of this would've happened. So stop blaming others for your own mistakes."

Suddenly, a searing slap lands on my cheek. "I hate you. You're the worst," Leona curses. The scene draws attention. "What's happening here?" My mom's voice cuts through. "Stay out of it, Mom," I blurt.

Leona raises an eyebrow. "Did you just call the principal 'Mom'? Impressive, a liar and a despicable human ." She pauses, a triumphant smile spreading. "No wonder she's so concerned. She caught wind that you aided Nana Yaa, and that's why you were suspended, not expelled. She's your mother, after all. It all makes sense now. Enjoy your family reunion." As she turns to leave, I grasp her arm. "Don't even think about spreading this," I warn.

"Remember, manners aren't my thing, right?" Leona smirks. "I've got nothing to lose. Let go." I release her arm, watching her departure.

"You see the mess you've caused? Why did you have to come here?" I shout, my anger surging. She grins. "My apologies, I didn't anticipate you calling me 'Mom'." She glances at me, a fleeting smile playing on her lips. My relationship with my mom is strained, not the typical mother-son bond. I've kept our connection quiet to avoid attention due to her being the principal. Now, dealing with Leona knowing is an added complication.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leona's POV

I sensed something fishy from the start. There was just that gut feeling. What should I do with this newfound information? Hmm...

"And what's running through your mind?" Cassie interrupts, pulling me from my thoughts. "Me? Oh, it's nothing, really," I reply casually.

"Spill it!" Cassie demands. "Alright, alright, but promise me you'll keep this between us, okay?" I plead. "Sure, but hang on, let me call Rita. You wouldn't want her to be mad, right?" Cassie suggests. "Okay, you can call her, just make it quick."

Gossip isn't usually my thing, but I can't resist sharing this with my best friends. Cassie returns with Rita, and I start, "So, I was on my way to get a book I left in class, and guess who I bumped into?" They both start guessing, with Cassie mentioning Christopher and Rita suggesting the new girl. "You guys are way off. I bumped into Bryan." "Ahhh!" Rita and Cassie exclaim in unison, but from their expressions, they're losing interest. If only they knew what I know. "Are you even listening?" I prompt. "Go on, then," Rita urges.

"Alright, so here's the thing,"—out of nowhere, Bryan grabs my arm, refusing to let go. He pulls me into the empty music room and locks the door.

"What's this for?" I question. "You were about to spill something I specifically asked you not to share. Have you lost your mind?" I chuckle, unshaken. "You're not talking to me like that. I'll tell whoever I want, and there's nothing you can do." I try to leave, but he pins me against the wall, holding me in place. "Since when did you become so stubborn?" he asks, narrowing his eyes. "Bryan, let me go," I say calmly, suppressing the rising anger. "You're going to expose a secret that's none of your business?" "Yes, I'm going to expose it," I smirk. He mirrors my smirk and asks if I know what he does to people who can't keep their mouths shut. "I don't want to know," I stammer.

He lifts my chin, leaning in to kiss me. Our lips meet, and he pulls away briefly. "Are you really not going to stop talking?" he inquires, his voice slow. "Nope, everyone's going to find out," I state. He chuckles, asking if I understand what he does to those who won't be quiet. "I don't need the details," I reply. He lifts my chin again, kissing me once more. Breaking the kiss, he asks, "Are you really going to spill the beans?" I nod, and he smirks, leaning in for another kiss. This time, I kiss him back, the intensity growing. I tug at his shirt, and he holds my waist, suddenly pulling away. "You're something else Leona. If that secret gets out, you won't like the consequences." He moves away, his gaze still fixed on me. "Imagine your friends finding out you kissed the guy you hate with a passion? Well, we're in the same boat now. Think twice before saying anything." He approaches me again, planting another kiss before leaving the music room.

I stand there, stiff, trying to process what just happened. "What the heck did I just do?" I scream internally, my blood boiling. This means war, Bryan. You're going to pay dearly for this.

____________________________________

Don't forget to comment and vote. Love y'all ❤️