Chapter 4- ( The Queen of basketball )

I bubble with excitement as I finally let my hair down from its usual bun, and I can't help but notice the gasps and touches from the girls around me. Quickly changing into my sports attire – a pair of black P.E. shorts and a large grey T-shirt – I make sure to adhere to the dress code while keeping my comfort in mind.

Cassie's voice rings out, "Your hair is so nice." Her fingers graze my hair, and I chuckle at her compliment. "Hmmm, you're very lucky oo. You're not 'brenya' like some of us," Cassie remarks.

"Brenya? What's that?" I can't help but chuckle in response.

Cassie explains, "Oh, it's when your hair hardly grows and it's very hard, just like mine. Look at my hair, it's not even up to three inches."

I reassure her, "Stop exaggerating. Your hair is not that short. And besides, you can use some of my hair growth oil. It's very effective."

"Really?" Cassie's eyes widen in disbelief as she covers her mouth with both hands.

"Yes, really."

Overwhelmed with gratitude, Cassie envelops me in a hug. I return the hug, glad to have formed a genuine connection with her. When I first came to this school, I never expected to make friends, but Cassie's warmth makes me realize how wrong I was.

At the park, the warming up has already begun as we engage in stretches, planks, push-ups, and jogging. It's clear that my dedication to fitness sets me apart, as I can feel the envious glances from my peers. Soon, the sports master calls out, "Enough, guys. Now go to your various sports." The options include football, basketball, table tennis, and volleyball.

Cassie approaches me and shares that most girls are opting for "ampe," but I'm drawn to basketball. With a nod, Cassie heads towards ampe, leaving me to pursue my passion on the basketball court.

Bryan's POV

As Leona lets her hair down and exudes an obvious charm, I can't help but be mesmerised. Since I first set eyes on her, she has been on my mind constantly. Despite the oddness of the scenario, there is something about her that I can't quite put my finger on that seems to have a magnetic draw on me.

I contemplate the possibility of joining the same group as her to get closer, but her unyielding stubbornness makes it challenging. Seeing her approach the basketball court now is unexpected. "Wait, is she about to play with us?" The thought races through my mind, prompting me to quicken my pace and catch up with her.

"Leona, wait!" I call out, my voice a mixture of urgency and curiosity.

"What?" she turns to face me, her expression tinged with impatience.

"Must you always yell?" I question, a touch of exasperation slipping into my words.

With an exhalation of frustration, she responds, "Just tell me what you want this time around."

"Chill, girl. I'm not here to disturb you. I just want to know if you're about to play basketball?"

"Yes, please. Do you have a problem with that?" Leona's response is unwavering, her determination clear.

As I hesitate, I finally confess, "Yes, I do. There's no way you can play a game like this. And besides, you're way too short, so please go and play ampe with the girls."

Her resolve remains unshaken as she demands, "Get me a ball, then." I oblige, perplexed by my own compliance.

"Here you go. Now show me what you got."

"Fine, but first, let's strike a deal. If the ball passes through the basketball rim five times, you'll leave me alone for good."

"Alright, I'm okay with that. And if you miss one out of the five, you'll have to join classic 5."

"Alright. It's a deal, then."

"Deal."

I watch with a mix of skepticism and intrigue as Leona begins dribbling the ball. Her skill is evident as she handles it with precision and grace. When she releases the ball, it sails through the rim with effortless precision. Leona's triumphant smirk as she turns to me is impossible to ignore.

Amusement washes over me; she's undeniably charming. Leona confidently strolls back to the court, her smile radiating confidence. In this moment, I can't help but feel that something is shifting between us. Emotions swirl, and it's becoming apparent that this encounter is just the beginning of a story waiting to unfold.

______________________________________

Sorry for the short chapter guys ):

What did you think of Bryan's POV?

Who else plays basketball?

Well I don't but I think it's a really cool sport.

Share your opinions guys. I love it.

Vote
Vote
Vote
Comment
Comment
Comment
Share
Share
Share
Love you all
Love you all
Love you all

-Daisy