PROLOGUE

I, Leona Johnson, a British African with roots tracing back to Ghana, was living my life in tranquil harmony until the recent turmoil disrupted my world. My parents' once-stable relationship began to unravel, leaving me questioning the circumstances of their divorce and my own role in it.

As I relocated back to Ghana with my mother, I faced an unexpected challenge: school. A boarding school, to be precise. This was a stark contrast to my introverted nature and love for solitude. A week to prepare and a new cultural environment further intensified my apprehension.

The presence of my aunt, Bridgette, brought a semblance of comfort to my mother's life. My departure to school marked a bittersweet moment of separation, highlighting my transition to independence and leaving my parents behind.

The morning of my departure, I marveled at my reflection in the mirror, dressed in my new school uniform. Despite being a mix of my Ghanaian mother and British father, I embraced my melanin-rich skin. I took pride in myself despite rumors and challenges.

Arriving at the school, my beloved phone was confiscated, leaving me anxious about the impending separation from my music, movies, and novels. With a promise to my mother, I reluctantly handed over my lifeline.

As my mom and auntie left, my emotions overwhelmed me, and tears fell uncontrollably. This new chapter was a mix of excitement and sadness, as I confronted both newfound independence and the distance from my parents.

And so, the journey began, marked by self-discovery, challenges, and personal growth.

______________________________________

Prologue completed guys.
Hope you liked it.

Votes and comments would be much appreciated.

Love,
Daisy.