Chapter 28- (Last day of school)

Today marks the end of our school year, and I can hardly believe how swiftly time has passed. It's nearly been a year since I first set foot here, and I can certainly declare that my life has been forever changed.

As Ms. George addresses us in the auditorium, our attention is rapt. She extends congratulations to the successful form 3 exam takers, sharing valuable advice before we conclude with a collective prayer.

I've eagerly awaited this two-month break, envisioning time spent with Mom and Aunt Bridgette, exploring Ghana, sampling new cuisines, and indulging in various other activities.

Exiting the auditorium, I hear my name being called. I turn to find Cassie and Sam rushing towards me, our embrace accompanied by my tears. Loneliness and sadness have been my companions, but the return of our trio offers solace. We're committed to nurturing this friendship.

Amid sobs, I manage to say, "I missed you guys."

Their synchronized response is heartwarming, "We missed you more."

We spend precious moments together until Alex arrives for Cassie. Accompanying her to the car, we share parting hugs.

"Hey, Leona. How have you been?" Alex inquires. I reassure him, and as Cassie settles into the car, promises of frequent hangouts fill the air.

Sighing with relief, a weight lifts from my shoulders, hinting at the gradual return to normalcy that warms my heart.

Sam observes, "Leona, I think I see my mom's car. Want to meet her?"

My enthusiastic reply is met with, "I'd love to."

Walking to the car, Sam introduces me as his best friend, a gesture that warms my heart. The stunningly beautiful woman greets me with a warm smile, resembling Sam closely enough to recognize their shared good looks.

After bidding farewell to Sam as their car departs, I find a spot on a bench, taking a moment to reflect on everything that's transpired.

Angie, I hope you're now among the beautiful angels up there. Looking skyward, I murmur, "Till we meet again, my friend," brushing away a threatening tear.

Suddenly, my mom steps out of the car. Overwhelmed with surprise and joy, I rush to embrace her, a hug that she reciprocates with equal warmth.

"I thought Aunt Bridgette was picking me up," I confess.

"I wanted to surprise you, my darling," she reveals.

"Aww, Mom, best surprise ever," I exclaim, squeezing her once more.

"Alright, let's gather your things and head home," she suggests, and with a nod, we do just that.
______________________________________