Chapter 30-(Second Chances)

Cassie's POV

One of the juniors comes into the class looking for me. He informs me that Christopher wants to see me at the sick bay. Did he hurt himself? I ask the junior who just shrugs before rushing off. I must look foolish because I feel a smile forming on my lips. Maybe he needs me to take care of him? I'm not entirely sure if it's the right thing to do, but my desire to see him takes over, leading me to the sick bay. Taking a deep breath, I open the door. The nurse isn't around; it's just Christopher, with bandaged knees. As I get closer, I gently lay my arm on his left knee. "Ouch!" He winces in pain. "Oh my, I'm sorry," I quickly retract my hand. "Does it hurt a lot?" He nods, giving me those adorable puppy-dog eyes.

I sit down beside him on the bed and ask about what happened. "Basketball," he says. "I'm sorry. You'll be okay, don't worry," I reassure him with a smile. He keeps gazing at me so intensely, it's almost eerie. "You're stunning," he compliments in a hushed tone. "Incredibly gorgeous," he adds. I feel like I might burst. The butterflies in my stomach are about to take flight. My blush is so deep, it could be seen by the blind. Christopher definitely notices, and his smile remains. It's embarrassing, yet it's endearing too.

"Um, I asked you here to talk and apologize for the embarrassment I caused you back then. I've always, always admired you. When Nana Yaa revealed your feelings for me that day, my heart raced," he confesses. "Then why did you choose to humiliate me?" I ask, and that seems to hit him, making him look away. "I don't know," is his response. "I just did, and I've regretted it ever since. That wasn't the truth, and I felt awful afterward. I realize we didn't know each other or have any conversation before, but the mutual admiration fascinated me. Cassie, I'm truly sorry, and if I could go back in time, I'd stand up for you." He holds both my hands. "Please forgive me, Cassie. I wish I could be as courageous as Bryan sometimes. He stood by Leona so resolutely."

"Yeah, he is brave, but I'm not sure Leona will forgive him this time," I muse. "I think she already did. They shared a kiss in one of the classrooms yesterday."

"What did you just say? Um, she didn't tell you?" He asks, looking a bit puzzled. "I guess I was supposed to keep quiet about that," he says. "When did this happen?" "Cassie, calm down. It's not really my place to tell you. We're talking about us."

"Fine, fine. But I'm definitely going to talk to her about it," I declare. "That's okay, just don't bring up my name," he says. I laugh. It's amusing how he wants to stay out of their messy romance or whatever it is. "Your secret is safe with me, and I forgive you," I admit, feeling a sense of relief. "Seriously?" He questions in disbelief. "Yes," I affirm.

"Well, let's start over. Hi, I'm Christopher, and it's nice to meet you."

"I'm Cassandra, and the pleasure is all mine."

He pulls me closer, enveloping me in a hug. In his arms, I feel secure. It's like a dream, and if it were, I'd be content to sleep forever.

———————————————————————————

Ugh this is so cute. I'm really happy they put the past behind them. Can't wait to see where they go from here. ❤️

Keep the votes coming. I see you all and I appreciate each one of you❤️