Chapter 28 -( New Beginnings)

"Ugh, that auntie is so annoying. Does she think she's all that?" Cassie vented. It's been nearly three weeks since school resumed, and I must say there have been quite a few changes. New students, new teachers, improved facilities, and more. Right now, we've just wrapped up our English class, and this new teacher has been quite demanding. Cassie can't stand her even for a moment. She continues her rant as we make our way to the cafeteria for lunch.

"Hey, my loves!" Rita exclaims loudly, taking a seat across from Cassie and me.

Yes, you heard right. The same old Rita has surprisingly become a close friend of ours. I must admit, she's an amazing person, even if she does have a bit of an attitude. Sam is still friends with us, but he's been hanging out with some guys from our class more often, and that's perfectly fine. Today, we're enjoying indomie, and it's delicious. After chatting and eating, we have one more class before our day ends.

On our way to class, Cassie is intercepted by Christopher. Yes, the same Christopher who embarrassed her at Nana Yaa's party. But let's not dwell on the past.

"Guys, I'll catch up with you," she says. "I'm out of here," Rita adds and I also join her.

Back in the dorm I ask Cassie what that was. Cassie starts off, "Well, he's been apologizing to me and says he really wants to get to know me."

"I'm going to bed," Rita announces, heading to her side of the room and leaving us to our discussion.

Cassie explains, "I think I should give him a chance. Even after all this time, I really like him, and my feelings for him keeps growing."

Shocked, I interject, "Have you forgotten everything that happened? He embarrassed you! How can you just forgive him and still like him? It's unbelievable."

Before I can finish, Cassie cuts me off, "No, it's okay. You know what? I'm not ashamed to say I still like him. I can't control my feelings, and he genuinely wants to get to know me. I see it in his eyes. Unlike you, who's trying so hard to pretend Bryan is out of your heart. You think I don't see it? You can fool everyone else, but not me. Your ego is incredibly disgusting, Leona. At the end of the day, all that's inside you is hurt and regret, and it's sad because you're a wonderful person. But your pride is holding you back and won't take you anywhere. Excuse me." With those words, she walks out on me.

I try not to let her words affect me, but it's not that easy to forgive when someone meant so much to you. I wipe away my tears and rest for a while before supper.

"Hey, wake up. It's time for supper," Rita repeatedly shakes me until I'm awake.

"Rita, I know you love food, but give me a break," I reply, rubbing my eyes.

"No problem, keep on sleeping. I won't save your food for you, so relax," she teases, grabbing her plate and cutlery before leaving the dorm.

"What's wrong with these girls today?" I mutter to myself. I quickly take a shower, get dressed, grab my plate, and head to the dining hall. I get my food and join the girls at our table. Unusually, the table isn't this quiet.

"Shouldn't we start disciplining these new first-year students? They have no respect," Rita whispers.

"Go ahead and touch someone else's child, madam," Cassie adds.

"Anyway, guys, look at that quiet girl sitting alone. It's been three weeks, and not a single person has spoken to her. We're in the same class and dorm, yet we haven't even said a word to her. She must be so lonely," Rita observes.

She's right. The girl doesn't seem troublesome, and it's not nice of us to ignore her. "Let's just go sit by her and see," Rita suggests.

"I'm okay with that," I respond.

Cassie nods. Even though we're not on good terms right now, I know how to bring her back to her usual self. We grab our plates and head over to the girl, but just before we get there, Bryan and Christopher beat us to it. Rita looks at Cassie and me and bursts into laughter.

"What's so funny?" I ask, perplexed.

"Your guys are misbehaving," Rita replies, still chuckling. Her comment irritates me, so I hand my plate to Rita and leave the cafeteria. Today just isn't my day, and everything feels frustrating. Why did Bryan approach that girl? They're not even in the same form. Does he know her personally? Are they relatives? Why am I so bothered by it?

_________________________________
Hey guys I know it's been way too long and I'm sorry but this year I'm going to updating at least every week for y'all. I hope you like this chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment. You can directly send me a message as well.
Xoxo 😘

Happy new year 🎈🎆 Hope your year is blessed with greatness.