Chapter 33- (Stranger things)

Strange things are beginning to happen. Apart from Bryan still accusing me of telling on him, Rita was just suspended yesterday because the exam papers were found in her locker and Cassie and Christopher were suddenly arguing again. Sam slipped and fell, injuring his leg. It's been a whole lot, and to think all this happened in less than a week? It's chaos everywhere, and I don't want to be a bother to anybody to help me find out who told on Bryan. I'm going to do it all on my own and also find out if all these strange things are somewhat connected. I don't know how to go about it or where to even begin, but I have to come up with something. And fast.

You can do this, Leona. I need to think. Everything was fine. This term started out great, but all of a sudden things are changing right after Becca came to our school. I don't want to pin anything on her, to be honest, but I don't have a good feeling about her. I don't know why, but I have to trust my instincts, and if she's part of all this, I need to find out her reasons at least. Our exams are on hold because of the incident with Rita. Questions had to be changed. Rita could never even think of that. She's way too intelligent to even think of stealing exam papers.

I visit Sam in the sick bay. Due to his injury, he lays there the majority of the time. I sit on Sam's bed and state, "Hey, Sam." "How are you doing today?" He only nods in response when I ask. I have no idea how he is feeling at this moment. He has a crucial basketball game coming up that he has been anticipating because it is one of his top priorities and it relates to the university he wants to attend.

"Leona, I think someone is behind all this. This is way too suspicious. I slipped and fell because someone spilled oil all over the floor just before my game. Rita got suspended just before exams, and Cassie and Christopher had an argument right after they reconciled. Bryan's secret was also out, and you got blamed for it. Leona, I know this might sound stupid, but it seems someone is trying to get some kind of revenge on us because I refuse to believe this is just happening and there's nothing behind it," he says.

"Revenge? But that's silly. Revenge for what exactly?"

"Angela," he says bluntly.

"Sam, are you kidding me? Angela? Come on, Sam, stop this. We've all moved past it. And Nana Yaa isn't here anymore, so what are you saying?"

"I'm sorry, Lee. I can't seem to think of any other thing at the moment. I'm probably just overthinking everything. It's fine."

"Sam, it's okay. Just get some rest. I'll come check up on you when there's a free period." He nods with a smile as I leave for class. Cassie and I decide to go for lunch, and it's so awkward. She isn't talking to me or opening up about what's happening between Christopher and her. I want to help in whichever way I can.

"Cassie, please talk to me," I plead. "I'm fine, Leona. Can we just eat in peace? I told you there's nothing wrong." I look at the far end of the cafeteria and I see Bryan and Chris laughing hysterically with some other guys and Becca. Chris doesn't seem to be affected by any of this though. And Bryan? I really wish he could see the truth. I need to keep an eye on Becca though. I have to get to the bottom of this whole mess. I'm so lost in my thoughts I don't realize Cassie's crying. "Cassie, what's wrong?" This is more serious than I thought. What happened between them? "I'm okay," she says. As she's walking out of the cafeteria, she falls, and I see Becca intentionally trip her. Great! Now I know this girl is up to something. I quickly get to Cassie and help her up.

"I saw what you did, Becca. I saw it, you brat."

"That's enough, Leona. I won't let you speak to my girlfriend like that," Bryan speaks out.

I scoff. "Girlfriend? You've known her for like 5 hours and y'all are together now? You get dumber each passing day, Bryan, and it's truly a pity. Come on, Cassie, let's get out of this toxic environment."

"Leona, are you okay?" Cassie asks. I give her a slight smile. "I'm fine, girl. Did you get hurt?" "I'm okay, Leona." Since our exams are postponed until next week, I still have time to do this. Rita's returning next week as well. I tell Cassie about everything Sam and I spoke about and how I saw what Becca did to her, making her fall.

"Well, we need a plan. We need to get all the information about her," Cassie suggests. Full name, date of birth, parents.

"Yup, and also her social media handles," I add.

"Okay, so we go to the phone booth tonight and phone Rita so she can do that from home. We also need to get into the Principal's office for her documents."

After prep, Cassie and I quickly go to the phone booth and call Rita. We tell her about everything, and she's up for it.

"Okay, so now how do we enter Principal Frimpong's office? It's locked," Cassie says.

"Yes, Cassie, we have to do that tomorrow. That's the only way," I suggest.

We decide to leave it for tomorrow and go to our dorm. "Goodnight, Leona." "I'll talk to you tomorrow." "Alright, Cassie. And I don't want to hear you crying," I warn. She chuckles and repeats the same thing to me before going to sleep.

Bryan is just the worst guy ever. How could I let myself like someone like him? Just how? I quickly wipe the tear that's threatening to fall. How is he so okay with breaking my heart every passing day?

I say a short prayer, asking God to show me the way in this journey I've found myself in.

I force myself to sleep at this point because that's all I can do.

____________________________________

Thanks for reading💕

Don't forget to vote ⭐️⭐️