Chapter 32 - The Onikuma

Ariel: How am I alive?

Devan: (I brought you back to life. You do not deserve to die here by my hands. But In exchange for not sending your soul to the underworld, I would like you to join us on our quest to defeat the apex predator.)

At the mention of the apex predator she began to whimper while covering her eyes.

Ariel: You are mad! No normal creature can defeat the king of this jungle!

Devan: (But I'm not normal, far from it.)

I slowly layed down next to her not wanting to scare her more than she currently is. Wystan and Alyssa both moved to my sides before laying their heads on my stomach. We just watched the sun shine through the holes we made in the roof of vines and leaves during our battle. Slowly Ariel uncovered her eyes before watching the sun with us.

I never noticed how beautiful this world is through all the death and battles. We still have to fight the other two creatures in the north and east. System said she was the easiest out of the three so the others are much more powerful.

Devan: (I won't force you to fight it if you do not wish to. I just ask you assist me in defending my family.)

Ariel: I'm grateful you brought me back, truly I am. But I can't fight against the apex it is much more powerful than I.

You know, I still don't know what the apex is or what it looks like. It might be a dragon or a god, I'll just have to find information on it. But for now I still have two more creatures to kill.

Devan: (You won't have to fight it, I will. Also, what species is the apex that makes you fear it at the mere mention of it?)

Ariel: I've fortunately never encountered it so I don't know what it looks like. But we can sense it's suffocating power miles away.

Devan: (Rest assured we won't try to kill it for a while. But do you know of the powerful creature north of here?)

She flinched when I said north so I guess they've met before.

Ariel: I do, he is the strongest bear alive. I've had only one altercation with him when we unfortunately crossed paths. He is much bigger than you Devan and stronger, I don't believe you can beat him in a fight.

A creature with more strength than me? I'll have to see for myself or read about it in the bestiary.

I took the book out once more as Wystan and Alyssa snuggled closer into my fur waiting for me to read to them. Ariel just looked confused until she wrapped around us with her her tail acting as a blanket. She then placed my head on her stomach which made her sweet scent more intense.

This is actually pretty comfy I guess we can go to sleep earlier today after I read about this bear.

Devan: (Do you know what his species is called?)

Ariel: I believe he called himself a demon bear.

I began to flip through the various pages of the book looking for any "demon bears". Not much came up until I landed on a page where the picture made Ariel slightly tense up. It was a creature called The Onikuma or demon bear. I began to read it outloud for them to gain some knowledge on this next foe.
_________________________________________

Reincarnated As A Gorilla In A Fantasy WorldOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara