Chapter 12 - Awakening of his Rage

I felt my body begin to painfully grow but it only fueled my rage. The bear quickly backed up as it was startled by the sudden growth of it's prey. My missing arm was beginning to be replaced by stone. All my limbs began to gain muscle and my skin was beginning to become tough as steel. The teeth I had began to be pushed out and be replaced by razor sharp and large teeth. Once I felt the pain stop I opened my eyes and saw I was much bigger than the bear now. I felt like I had the strength of ten silverbacks. I then remembered that this bear tore my arm off and showed me no mercy. As I remembered that, the rage began to increase.

I let out a loud roar and charged at the bear before swinging my large arm into its side. The force sent it tumbling into a boulder to the right. It seemed to get over it's shock as it stood on it's hind legs, and let out a mighty roar shaking the ground slightly. I stood as well and let out a greater roar while beating my chest. My roar managed to shake the entire forest causing the bear to slightly back up. When I finished my roar we made eye contact before charging at each other.

The collision sent a shockwave out knocking down some of the smaller trees. The bear bit hard into my left shoulder, but not deep enough to reach my bones. I gave the bear a bite of my own into it's shoulder causing the bear to let go. With my teeth hooked in deep I began to tear it's muscles off. The bear began to attempt to get me off by swiping at my chest with it's claws. The bears claws managed to cut deep, but I already finished tearing off it's flesh. I may not have claws but I have strength. I spit out the chunk of the bear's flesh, while slamming my fist onto it's head stunning the bear.

I take this chance to lift the bear up with all my strength. With the bear high above my head I slam its body hard onto the ground, knocking the air out of its lungs. I began to repeatedly slam my fists into its body breaking some bones. I then smashed my fist into the ground before pulling out a stone great sword. With my new weapon I began to hack off its limbs except its front leg.The bear was lying there in pain huffing trying to move but couldn't with its chest caved in, and its limbs hacked off. I roared in its face before dropping my sword and proceeded to rip off its arm like it did to me. With the bear practically dead I placed my foot on its body and my hands on its head.

I began to rip it off with all my might. Once the bears head was in my hands I dropped it on the ground. A sudden urge came over me as I placed my foot on the bears corpse, and proceeded to beat my chest while roaring loudly. Any creature in a 4 kilometer radius will know I have won. When I looked back at the bear I noticed something glowing in its head. As I touched it I suddenly began to feel lightheaded and tired.

!New Title Gained!
"Bear Slayer"

!New Skill Gained!
Rage of the Gorillas

That was the last thing I saw before I passed out.

- .. -- . / ... -.- .. .--.

I woke up to see I was back to where the paths split and my body hurting all over, my vision was still adjusting. I then felt like I was lying down on a warm yet hard surface, as I looked up I saw what I believed to be Wystan.

Wystan: Master, you've awakened!

Devan: (Yes I have.)

I was surprised my voice had gotten deeper.

Wystan: Surprised master? I was to when I saw your new form.

I tried to get up but it was extremely painful.

Wystan: Careful, I don't believe you have gotten used to your new body.

I was confused by what he meant but when I looked down I saw I had gotten bigger. My arm that the bear tore off was replaced by stone but it was covered in fur. My limbs had gotten muscular and I've gotten taller. What happened to me?

S.Y.S.T.E.M: I'm sorry user I've let you be on the brink of death. If I hadn't forced your body and soul to grow you would have perished.

Devan: Its alright I'm still alive aren't I?

S.Y.S.T.E.M: Yes, but that doesn't excuse my lack of action. It is my job as your s.y.s.t.e.m. to make sure you dont die. But moving on your body has aged to that of a blackback.

Devan: That's good.

S.Y.S.T.E.M: No it's not since I had to force your body to age you now have accelerated aging. To counteract this I have enhanced your soul, so you may live as long as the elder dragons in this world.

As I was about to question what elder dragons are I noticed Wystan's changed form. He was made of some wood, stone, and had moss covering more of his body. And he was currently poking at the spikes at his shoulders.

He must have noticed me staring as he stopped poking his spike and did a small wave at me

Wystan: I have evolved from a regular Stone Golem to a Golem destroyer.

He was now much bigger than me. I then saw we spent another day getting the fruit as the sun was setting.

Devan: (We should go to sleep we'll go on the third path tomorrow.)

Wystan: You're right master, we need our rest.

He then moved to a larger space before shifting into a boulder. I began to gather new vegetation to make a bigger nest. This entire day was hectic, I got mauled by a bear, Wystan evolved, and now I guess I can't die from old age. As I finished my thoughts I drifted to a nice slumber...

-. --- / --- -. . / -.-. .- -. / .-. . .- -.. / - .... .. ... .-.-.-

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ