Chapter 14 - Gorillas of the past

I began to reach my hand out to the futuristic painting, but I then also reached my hand out to the samurai as well. When I touched the paintings the chanting stopped immediately. I was then blinded by a bright light and my body felt lighter. A few moments later I didn't feel the stone floor of the temple, but instead the softness of a nest.

???: (Greetings young one.)

I looked up to the sound of the voice and I saw two albino silverbacks. But I then quickly avoided eye contact.

 But I then quickly avoided eye contact

???: (What's the matter? Don't know how to greet your elders? You may look us in the eyes

???: (What's the matter? Don't know how to greet your elders? You may look us in the eyes.)

I looked back up before responding.

Devan: (I'm sorry I was just a little surprised.)

???: (I see you haven't gotten your mark yet.)

Devan: (My mark?)

???: (Your silver mark. The mark that shows you've matured.)

Devan: (Who are you?)

Ajamu: (Me? I'm Emperor Ajamu. And my brother here is King Alger.)

Alger: (Hello champion.)

I immediately bowed bowed not only because they're silverbacks, but also because they're monarchs. They began to slightly laugh before telling me to rise.

Ajamu: (Rise young one we're no longer kings. We've been dead for thousands of years.)

I slowly raised my head and sat down in the nest across from them. I then remembered Alger called me champion.

Devan: (Why did you call me champion?)

Alger: (Because we called to you and you answered. We just didn't expect for you to answer us both at once.)