Chapter 1 - New World

Devan pov:

What happened? Didn't I die? My arms and legs no longer hurt, but they feel constricted.

I tried to open my eyes, but all I could see was darkness. All of a sudden a bright light appeared in front of me, it looked to be radiating with particles floating out of it.

I tried to move my hands out to touch it, but still I couldn't feel anything

I tried to move my hands out to touch it, but still I couldn't feel anything. Regardless, I still reached out to the light.

???: You're very persistent user.

A robotic like voice echoed throughout the dark void. I turned in every direction desperately looking for the source of the voice.

But I stopped my search when a low chuckle came from the light itself.

???: Do not fear user I will not harm you.

Where are you?

???: I'm in front of you, but I am also fused within your soul.

Who are you?

S.Y.S.T.E.M: I am a Soul Yielding Sanguine Technological Enigmatic Mechanoid. Or System.

You sure do have a long name System.

S.Y.S.T.E.M: You're taking this surprisingly well. Usually the souls panic for about two hours.

I guess I just think this is all a dream.

S.Y.S.T.E.M: In a way, it is. You are currently in a plane of existence where time does not exist.

Why am I here? I'm pretty sure I died.

S.Y.S.T.E.M: You did, but every righteous soul who perished while saving another, has one of two choices once here. One, be judged by the creator.

And the second choice?

S.Y.S.T.E.M: Two, be reincarnated into a new dimension for another chance at life.

Where would I go if I choose to be reincarnated?

S.Y.S.T.E.M: That decision is granted upon me. Choose wisely user, for you will only be given this choice once.

So be judged, or be reincarnated in an entirely different universe. If I choose to be judged I might be sent hell, and if I choose reincarnation I wouldn't know anything about the new world. I could die again, then there wouldn't have been a point in being reincarnated.

S.Y.S.T.E.M: Do not worry user if you choose to be reincarnated I would be with you in the new world. I will guide, protect, and assist you in anyway I can.

That's reassuring, thank you.

S.Y.S.T.E.M: You're welcome user, but your thanks are wasted on me, I was made to serve.