Chapter 22 - The final path

Devan pov:

Where am I? I tried to get up, and I managed to with only slight difficulty. My body felt weak, but I guess if you bleed continuously that's bound to happen. As I looked up to the sky I saw that the sun has not yet rised. Arlin was asleep in one of my other nests and Wystan was sitting with his back to me looking around the trees. There was also a giant centipede carcass with its head completely smashed. As I was about to speak to Wystan, System spoke to me first.

S.Y.S.T.E.M: You've awakened user. Are you feeling any better?

Devan: I am thanks for asking. By the way what happened when I passed out?

S.Y.S.T.E.M: Arlin tasked Wystan to retrieve an ingredient he needed while he prepared a potion to cure you. But while Wystan was absent a few unknown creatures strayed close sensing your weakened state. In a attempt to ward them off, Arlin created a powerful fragrance that caused whatever they were to leave. However the smell attracted a nearby centipede to your position. But Wystan came in time to save Arlin from certain doom.

Devan: Wow and to think all of this happened in one day. How did I even contract that disease?

S.Y.S.T.E.M: In your fight with the mosquito men. Two pierced your skin four times to take your blood, one bit into your wrist, and lastly you ate a piece of their flesh. Your immune system had trouble enough with the diseases inside the creatures proboscis, so I had to assist in suppressing the other diseases in your body. I even had to slow your heart rate so you didn't die from blood loss.

Devan: Well thank you System. Without you I would've been dead a long time ago.

S.Y.S.T.E.M: Think nothing of it user, that is the purpose of my existence. On a side note user, you have one more day before the Land Gaurdian comes to retrieve you.

WHAT?!?! We have to hurry then. I tapped Wystan's arm to get his attention. He swiftly turned around picked me up with one hand and raised his fist with the other. His increasing grip would've crushed me if he hadn't realized it was me. When realization struck him he hugged me close with all his strength.

Wystan: Master! Forgive me I was startled! I did not think you would awaken so soon.

Devan: Its alright Wystan how are you and Arlin doing?

Wystan: Great master! Although that creature attacked us, but I dispatched of it swiftly.

He gestured over to the carcass of the centipede.

Wystan: Oh before I forget here master this should help your body. Just slightly pierce through shell and drink its waters.

He handed me a green coconut, it was also pretty heavy and big. I raised the coconut up to my right canine tooth, and carefully pierced through not wanting to break a chunk off. A nice pop was heard and a trickle of sweet liquid entered my mouth. I removed my tooth from the coconut and tilted it up to pour the liquid into my mouth. It was sweet and clear as water.

After a while the liquid stopped and I dropped the coconut, but when I did a symbol popped up right above my map.