Chapter 9 - First encounter

We began to follow a path that the Gaurdian must have made to the locations of the golden fruit. The paths split up in five directions and each had something different about it. One on the far left had mushrooms covering it, the second had a paw print, the third had stones in the formation of a temple. But the last two didn't seem right, the fourth has blood splattered on the ground, the last had dead branches in the form of a circle with a dead bird in the center.

There was a sign saying 'Pick a path you wish to take but be warned you will face danger on all paths'.

Wystan: I think master should pick the mushroom path seems safer.

Devan: (Alright but first I think I should put my armor on and my weapons.)

I got off his back and stomped my right foot while raising my hand. The dirt began to engulf me, and once it covered my entire body I closed my hand creating the tomb. Once my hand was back at my side the tomb crumbled revealing me in my armor from before. Next I raised a mound of dirt, placing both my hands inside I said the name of my desired weapons. When I pulled my hands out it revealed my bow in my left and my dagger in a holster in my right.

I never used a weapon but maybe I could practice now. I placed my holster at my waist securing my dagger. Only now did I realize I had no arrows.

S.Y.S.T.E.M: Don't worry user, your bow will automatically form arrows when the bow string is pulled back. But I shall teach you to use your bow so you may participate in combat. First stand upright with feet shoulder width apart, and feet at 90 degrees to the target.

I stood up straight and adjusted my feet position.

S.Y.S.T.E.M: You're gripping the bow too tight keep a relaxed grip on the bow handle.

I loosened my grip and began to slightly relax.

S.Y.S.T.E.M: Position your fingers on the string with the index finger above where the arrow will be and two fingers below. The string should sit in the last crease of your fingers. Pull back the string using your back muscles, not your bicep/arm. Pull back the string so that the index finger of the pulling hand is under the chin, and the string touches your nose and lips.

As I began to pull back the string a arrow began to form. It was made of stone with the arrow head covered in razor sharp thorns, almost like a broadhead.

S.Y.S.T.E.M: Using your right eye, look down the arrow and align it with the target.

I aligned my arrow to a nearby tree, where Wystan colored a target for me from a nearby berry bush.

S.Y.S.T.E.M: Relax your grip on the string and allow your fingers to slip backward. After shooting, maintain your body position.

I released the arrow sending it to the target, the arrow pierced the tree burying deep into the bullseye. Wystan clapped and cheered for me.

Wystan: Well done master! For a child you're very powerful. No creature would dare attack you with that show of skill!

S.Y.S.T.E.M: I agree with Wystan user you are learning quickly, well done.

Devan: (Thankyou, but we should start our journey now.)

Wystan: Yes, we have yet to start masters great adventure let's make haste!

He then placed me back on his back before going down the mushroom path. I placed my bow on my back so I could hold on better. As we were making our way down the path I began to observe our surroundings. There were small creatures feeding off some flowers and fruits.

 There were small creatures feeding off some flowers and fruits