Chapter 20 - The first disease

I barreled my entire body weight into one of the mosquito men squishing it. This caused the rest to focus their attention from Arlin to me. There were about five of them and quickly surrounding me. Let's hope their proboscis cant penetrate through my skin. One of them ran at me with its claw like hands extended out.

I grabbed its hands and tossed it into a nearby tree, bursting the blood sack on it's back. However, it wasn't killed merely writhing in pain, the rest took this chance to rush me. I raised my arms in defense but this proved costly, as two managed to pierce through my right arm. They began to drink up my blood while the rest clawed at me. I used Primate strength to launch them all off me.

This gave me the opportunity to make myself a weapon from the dirt. I raised a mound of dirt before plunging my hands into it and pulling out two stone gauntlets. The mosquito men were still dazed from being launched, so I took this chance to jump on the closest one pinning it. I raised my gauntlets high before repeatedly bringing them down on its face, pulverizing it. The body only was lifeless with the occasional twitch.

While I was busy one of the mosquito men's proboscis attempted to penetrate my left stone arm. But this only caused its proboscis to be stuck within the stone. I punched its stomach weakening it, I then pulled its head off my arm and proceeded to squish it with my hands. The rest of them got back up by this time, they seemed to slightly hesitate advancing not wanting to be killed the same way. I had completely forgotten about the one who I launched into a tree, as it jumped on my back and began to claw my body.

This was enough for the two remaining mosquito men to latch onto me and begin to drink my blood again. Their blood sacks were beginning to fill up with my blood. I was beginning to slightly weaken due to having my blood sucked out. I grabbed onto the two drinking my blood and fell back. This crushed the one clawing me under 500 pounds of meat. I then threw the two draining me of blood away from me giving me a moment to breath. The two I threw away didn't move but instead began to convulse. Their stick like limbs began to grow muscle as they got taller. What is happening?

S.Y.S.T.E.M: Be cautious user, it seems they are augmenting your blood to to theirs. Their strength is increasing so it will be like fighting two blackbacks. However, they dont know how to use that strength you do. Good luck user.

This is going to be a tough battle, I didn't have to fight another gorilla yet. But this could be a nice practice for the real deal. They slowly got up but they were sluggish. I picked up two stones and launched them at their heads. It seems no muscle went to their heads only their limbs, as when the stone made contact they fell back with a loud thud. I tried to jump down on one of them but it rolled away before jumping on me instead.

It began to slam its fists on my body causing me to fall on my knees. When it brought it's right hand down again I grabbed it, and took a chunk out of its arm with my teeth. I was about to spit it out but the mosquito man hit my head causing me to accidentally swallow it. The meat was slightly bitter but it didn't taste bad, a notification popped up but I didn't have time to read it as I was punched across the face. I did the same thing I did with the last one that got on my back. I fell back but it didn't kill it but stunned it for a while.

The other one tackled me and began to claw at my face with its sharper claws. I grabbed its arms and delivered a powerful headbutt. The force broke its proboscis causing it fall on it's back breaking its blood sack on a jagged rock. When its blood sack broke its body and muscles began to shrink back to its original size. I quickly got up and ran over to the downed enemy before lifting my foot and crushing its head. While I was fighting it the last mosquito man was up charging at me.

I charged as well, and when we met in the middle we gripped each others hands trying to push the other back. My strength was greater as I began to push it back. Seeing this the mosquito man lifted its head and bit into my wrist. I roared and delivered my own bite to its neck. Its bite force wasn't as strong as mine as it only managed to slightly bite deep. But I managed to go pass its spine, I then craned my head up before standing. This caused it to let go of my wrist and try to claw at me to get down.

It wasn't as heavy as a ape but it still had some mass to it so I wouldn't be able to hold it up for long. I began to close my mouth trying to break its neck.

*Crack*

Its body went limp and fell to the ground as its head and neck remained in my mouth. I spit out its head as I placed my foot on its corpse and beat my chest signaling my victory. I slightly coughed before looking around for Arlin.

Devan: Arlin, where are you? I killed them all *cough*.

I then saw him come down from a tree scared and slightly covered in blood. When he saw me he gasped before running over to me.

Arlin: A-are you ok?! You're c-covered in b-bruises and wounds!

Devan: Yes I'm alright *cough* I had a worse battle than this. But are you ok? You're slightly covered in blood.

Arlin: O-oh one of them almost got me but I stabbed it in it's back with this. The b-blood sprayed on me slightly.

He managed to wound one but he didn't kill it so where is it? Suddenly another mosquito man appeared and charged at us out of the trees

He managed to wound one but he didn't kill it so where is it? Suddenly another mosquito man appeared and charged at us out of the trees. But before it could reach us a stone pillar sent it up in the air, where Wystan came running in back handing the mosquito man, launching it into the distance. He glared at the red paste where the mosquito man splattered. Wystan then noticed my wounded body and Arlins now bloody clothes.

Wystan: Master, Arlin, are you two alright?!

Devan:*cough* Yes we're alright Wystan these wounds are nothing I cant handle.

Arlin just nodded before he and Wystan looked at me with concern.

Devan: W-*cough*-hat?

Wystan: You're coughing a lot, master.

Arlin: Y-yeah are you not feeling well?

As I was about to assure them I was fine I began to cough more violently. I fell to my knees and began to cough out blood. Blood began to come out of my eyes, ears, and nose. It was painful my mind began to go blank from the pain. The last thing I heard was Wystan and Arlin calling out to me before I passed out...

Wystan pov:

Wystan: Master!

I quickly went picked up my master and leaned my head close to his chest. He was still breathing I must find something to cure, master! I picked up Arlin and the box with my other hand before running back to the forest.

Hang in there master I'll cure you of this ailment...

(For people that dont know the way gorillas find love is the silverback makes their own troop or finds a troop to join. If they join a troop and they want a wife they have to battle the current silverback for the right to mate.)