Chapter 24 - Returning home

I opened my eyes to see the clear blue sky with the occasional cloud. I was lying down on a new nest but the way it felt on my lower back didn't feel right. I reached my hand back until I felt something, I pulled it out to reveal a rock. I'm surprised my back doesn't hurt since I was lying down on that for a while. Isn't the Land Guardian supposed to get us today? As I looked at my clock it showed it was 12:15am. I got up and scanned the area for Wystan and Arlin only to see them passed out with Arlin on top of Wystan. What happened to them?

S.Y.S.T.E.M: Their bodies couldn't handle traveling at light speed so they passed out. I believed at least Wystan would handle the journey since he is a golem but I stand corrected.

Well I should wake them up before the Land Gaurdian arrives.

S.Y.S.T.E.M: User I've neglect to inform you that your body is now ready to evolve into a silverback. Would you like to evolve now?

Devan: Might as well they're still asleep and the Land Gaurdian isn't here yet. So how do I start the evolution process?

S.Y.S.T.E.M: I only needed your confirmation, user. The process is starting, now I warn you may feel some pain.

Devan: What d-

I wasn't able to finish my question as I felt a searing pain spread across my body. My bones felt like they were breaking and being stretched, I felt as if my skin was on fire and being ripped apart. I could feel my organs shifting inside painfully, I tried to scream but my vocal cords were destroyed and being replaced by newer stronger ones. I tried to move but I fell face first into the dirt unable to move due to the pain. My muscles began to rip and realign to the size of tree trunks and weight of boulders. The fur I had began to grow thicker and longer but also softer. My teeth grew greatly making them sharper and longer. I feel like I should've been knocked out before this started.

The pain finally stopped as I slowly got up panting. Surprisingly I felt no pain in fact I felt better, stronger. I looked down at myself and I saw my hands were huge and so were my muscles. I could probably crush boulders now and I was now taller 8'6" on my knuckles and 10'6" standing. I think I was now slightly taller than my father, I couldn't fully see but I saw a nice silver streak going down my back. A notification appeared in front of me saying:

Evolved Into:
Silverback
You're now able to create your own troop or join another. Your body is now able to don the silverback's armor.

I can finally wear that armor I tried to put on for the past two days. And I can make my own troop now, but I'm going to have to go find apes willing to join me. But I can figure that out later right now I need to wake Arlin and Wystan up. As I knuckle walked over to them small thumps were made each time my feet and knuckles touched the ground. I must be really heavy now, I reached out and shook Arlin awake but the moment he saw me he screamed. This caused Wystan to shoot up making Arlin fall off his back and on the ground. Wystan turned around and saw me, he glared before rearing his fist back and launching a right hook at me. I quickly brought up my hands and caught his fist before it managed to hit me.

This surprised both of us as I didn't seem to be struggling pushing Wystan's fist back while his hand had a few cracks in it. He pulled his fist back and tried to kick me but I grabbed his foot, and with my greater strength, threw him behind me. He tumbled for a while breaking some trees in his way, as he got up he raised his foot before I shouted at them.

Devan: Guys its me!

My voice was deeper and more intimidating almost like my fathers. Wystan seemed to recognize me as he stopped his foot from stomping the ground, but Arlin just seemed more terrified.