Chapter 16 - Spirits of the Apes

I woke up slightly dizzy. As I got up I saw I was still in the temple. There was also something in my hand as I looked down it was a scabbard. It was about 60.6 cm long. When I unsheathed the blade it was really awesome looking.

 When I unsheathed the blade it was really awesome looking

New Weapon unlocked
"God slaying katana"

I wonder if this thing can kill anything in one hit?

S.Y.S.T.E.M: If I may user, this weapon is lethal against all god and godlike beings. The blade and the inscriptions will glow blue against god and godlike beings, but against mortals it will not glow reducing its damage output. However, that doesn't make it any less lethal. I suggest testing its capabilities against a foe.

We shouldn't be hoping for a fight but if we do have to battle I'll be ready. I sheathed the blade and tied the holster to my waist. Once it was fastened on I began to make my way out of the temple. I wonder how Wystan is doing I was gone for a while. As I was about to exit I saw something move from the corner of my eye. It moved quick as all I saw was a white blur. I slightly unsheathed the katana, ready to strike the next movement I saw. But nothing else moved just silence. I feel I spent to much time here, so I quickly sheathed the katana back and turned to the exit.

*Slap*

When I turned I was met with a slap of air.

???: (Don't ignore us!)

I scanned the area for the person talking to me but I found no one. I was then slapped again but this time the voice was different.

???: (Are you blind!? We're right here!)

Devan: (I can't see you! Are you ghosts?)

???: (Oh... we should've taken into account you may not be able to see spirits. Just close your eyes and concentrate on sensing us.)

???: (Like the elusive snake finding its prey sense us changing the air around.)

I closed my eyes and began to concentrate trying to feel the change in the air. I began to feel a slight space in the air slightly slowing the current into the temple. As I began to concentrate on that area the outline of the spirit began to form.

New skill unlocked
Phantom eye

When I opened my eyes I saw the spirits more clearly and it turned out to be Ajamu and Alger. They were more ghostly and had the their armor on. Ajamu had futuristic battle armor and Alger had samurai like armor.

Devan: (How and why are you both here?)

Ajamu: (How, we're spirits we can travel to the mortal plain if we so wish.)

Alger: (And why, is to guide you and assist you in killing the gods. But you're not yet strong enough, your mark has yet to come as well.)