Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Over time, Genevieve found herself going to Collin more and more. She felt that it was easy to talk to him. He listened, and more importantly, he understood. He listened to her. Genevieve felt like she could trust him. Plus, he knew Chelsea. Genevieve figured that out two weeks ago. Genevieve smiled at the memory. When Genevieve asked Collin if he knew Chelsea, his fingers twitched and he hesitated before saying, "Um, no, I, uh, actually have, uh, no idea who that could be, and, uh, if that's really a person, there's, uh, no way she could be a rebel."

For a rebel, Collin wasn't really good at lying. "So you do know her. No wonder she's been acting so strange around me."

"I'm not a good liar, am I?" said Collin.

"Nope," replied Genevieve, smiling broadly. "But don't worry. I can always figure out when my friends are lying."

"You consider me your friend?" Collin asked.

"Of course I do. Therefore, you have earned the right to call me Gen," Genevieve playfully declared.

Collin smirked. "Does Chelsea?"

"Yeah."

The conversation ended for a little while and Genevieve and Collin just sat on the beach, side by side, not talking, just enjoying each other's company. Eventually, Genevieve broke the silence.

"Do you... um... maybe want to come over to the palace sometime? I'm pretty sure I could sneak you in. And Jasmine could come too." Collin looked stunned. Genevieve hastily continued, "I mean, you don't have to come if you don't want to. You can always stay here. I just wanted to-"

"Sure."

Now it was Genevieve 's turn to look stunned. "You want to come?"

"Yeah, why not? Besides, Chelsea going to be there too. I'll get to see her."

"Oh."

"You should probably get back. You don't want people to realize that you're gone."

"Yeah. Stay safe, Collin."

"You too."

---

ewww this is sooo cringey but i need a big book sooo