Chapter 10

Chapter 10

As they walked back to the beach, Genevieve blurted, "Can I see you again?"

Collin screeched to a stop. His face flushed. "What? You want to see me after I told you that I'm a rebel?"

"You had the decency to save me from the bear even before you knew I was a princess. You brought me to your home and gave me shelter when I was lost. You seem like a nice guy. And I've never had friends out of the palace." Genevieve was filled with excitement at the prospect of a new Earthen friend. "So, can I see you again?"

"I guess. When do you want to meet? I doubt that you have much time, being a princess and all."

"Oh. Right." Genevieve thought long and hard for a solution to this problem. "Oh!" Genevieve remembered her shells that hung on her neck. She took one off and handed it to Collin. "There."

Collin looked confused. "I'm sorry, but what am I supposed to do with a shell?"

"This is a metadídon shell. When I'm free the shell will glow green. If I'm not free, it will glow red." Collin opened his mouth to ask something but Genevieve cut him off. "If you're busy, then you just whisper no to the shell, I'll know you're busy. If you're free, whisper yes. I'll meet you on the beach in an hour of when you answer. Okay?"

"Yeah."

Genevieve smiled. "Don't get yourself killed."

"You too."

Genevieve was bursting with happiness. She had gained a new friend. One that wasn't controlled by her parents. She also relished learning something that her parents had always kept from her. This was truly a wonderful birthday in her eyes.