Chapter 9

Genevieve relayed the story of how she got lost on this kingdom.

"Oh," said Jasmine, once Genevieve finished. "I'm sure Collin can help you back, he knows every part of this realm. I mean, he wouldn't be called Rebel Navigator for no reason."

Rebel Navigator. The name hung in the air as an awkward silence filled the room, following with a questioning laugh by Genevieve. "Um... "

Jasmine quickly interceded. "It's not what you think!"

Genevieve frowned. "So, you're not secretly planning against the high king, which by the way, is a violation that I should probably report to the king, and trying to overthrow him by helping the so called rebellion that I only learned about today?" She took a breath. "And you're also not plotting to overthrow him and restore 'peace and prosperity'?"

"Oh...um...I take it you want us to explain?"

Genevieve raised an eyebrow, nodding. "Oh. So yeah, where should we start?" Jasmine eyed Collin.

"The beginning? Why don't you start with why you hate the High King so much?" Genevieve suggested.

Jasmine glanced at Collin, having a silent conversation with him, though it was quite obvious that they were discussing whether Genevieve was trustworthy. "I promise I won't utter a word of this conversation, princess's honor."

"Right," Jasmine started though she still looked unsure. She seemed to be taking her time. Her shoulders visibly sagged as if uttering the words she was going to say was torture.

"The High King killed my dad, Dylan, when I was three and Jasmine wasn't born yet, then our mom died a year later because the king tortured her," Collin bluntly stated.

It took Genevieve a few moments to understand what Collin had said. But when she understood, Genevieve let out a gasp."I'm so-"

"Sorry," Jasmine finished slightly irritated. "I know. I mean it's what everyone says. But it's not like 'I'm sorry' is going to help our parents."

Genevieve felt guilt and shame for the siblings. She could never imagine living without her parents. "So you've been living alone for...?"

"14 years," Collin answered curtly. Wow. How in the realm did they survive? As she came out of her thoughts, she saw Collin and Jasmine staring at her.

"Can I continue?" he asked. Genevieve nodded, eager to know more. As Collin started to talk, Genevieve felt more and more intrigued. Once Collin and Jasmine's parents died, their aunt Bree raised them for five years. She was part of the Wildflowers too.

When Genevieve asked them what had happened to her, Collin grimly replied that she had died as well. Apparently, she was sent on a spy mission for the Wildflower and had never returned. After that, Collin and Jasmine had no one, and had to fend for themselves.

Now, Collin and Jasmine were both old enough to be a part of the Wildflowers and they joined to avenge their dead family, along with the fact that the High King was abusive of his power. When Genevieve gave them a confused look, Collin explained how many commoners, especially in Gíinos, were not given food or shelter and were forced to be slaves under him. They would do all his physical labor and if they refused, their families were taken or killed for being "ungrateful".

"The king doesn't care for us. To him, we're useless people that won't give him any value. But he doesn't understand how many people he's ignoring. If he gave even some of his wealth, then the rebels would probably be half the number it is now. So we wanted to take a stand against the king by rebelling."

Genevieve was shocked. She knew that people didn't like the high king, but she never thought that he was actually abusive. Her parents always said that those who hated him were the ones who want what the king has - power. She could hear her father's voice drilling into her mind. "The High King is a wonderful king. He has brought peace and prosperity across Vasíleio. Without him, we would be in ruins. Never forget that." Her father would always scold her whenever she thought otherwise.

"Well, it's getting dark. Why don't we escort you home, Your Highness?"

Ok, so I recompinsated by uploading three chapters? forgive me guys???