CHAPTER 35

author's note:

haha heyyyy??

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Arsen had a sense of deja vu as he sat uncomfortably in the office chair while Alpha Archer's stare tried to erase him from existence. He managed to gulp back any sense of nervousness away from his being as the Alpha of the pack exerted his dominance over the group. Arsen felt the urge to tuck his tail in but instead stared challengingly back awaiting his next move.

"Archer please stop staring at that wolf, he's not going to disappear you know," The Luna scolded, slapping the back of her mate's hand.

"You're the one that brought him here," Alpha Archer grumbled but continued to stare at Arsen. "I don't like your presence in my house."

"With all due respect, I must confirm that I have no ill intentions. I'm in fact grateful to be a guest in your home," Arsen replied back shortly, feeling the need to validate his existence. The Alpha only glared at him more. 

"Father, that's enough," Armelle spoke out, surprising everyone in the room. A sense of pride swirled in the pit of Arsen's chest as the corner of his turned up ever so slightly.

"I can see that smile, wipe it off," The Alpha demanded. 

"Archer," Luna Irene warned before giving Arsen a comforting yet, unsure smile. It didn't soothe his worries, his fingers gripped around the arms of the chair.

"Irene, you've got to stop meddling. There is a war going on and I cannot have our enemy living in the same house as my family," the Alpha sneered, ruffling up his fur as he took another heated glance towards the male. A growl escaped the back of Arsen's throats without warning eliciting a similar, deeper one from the Alpha himself. Glowing eyes matched glowing eyes, the threat was clear enough for Arsen to recognise, but before he could begin to even lash out and defend himself. An arm extended out and shoved him back into his chair. 

"Enough!" the voice boomed stopping both males in their tracks. "Both of you, settle down," Armelle commanded, power lacing through her tone as she glared at both the angered wolves. 

All the pairs of eyes landed on the Alpha-to-be, the fire of a thousand suns swarming beneath her orbs. "Father, if you had given us time to explain you would know, we've already discussed the rules and have taken the precautions necessary prior to your arrival. As much as I don't like it myself, we've all agreed that this is for the best. He's behaving so far, and if he steps a toe of line, he will have to deal with me personally," she snarled, glaring at her father who was held back by Irene. "You got that?" 

Silence settled amongst the group, Arsen could feel her eyes flickering between him and her father. He couldn't help but feel a sense of pride, seeing his mate all ruffled up, ready to both defend and kill him within seconds. Quickly looking at her in the corner of his eyes, he settled back into the chair and looked back the Alpha who mimicked his actions. As much Arsen wanted to throw something towards the male sitting in front of him, the female next to him continued to extend her arm to prevent him from doing anything, so he sat reluctantly, forced to listen to the rest of the conversation.

"I respect your decisions, although I highly disagree with them. You are the future Alpha and he is your-" Alpha Archer paused, "mate, so these next few decisions are crucial. I hope you know what you're doing," he breathed out and shot another glare towards Arsen.

"Everything will fall into place eventually, for now, we continue to plan out our next attacks and defenses, hopefully, this time with a little bit of Arsen's help," she proposed.