CHAPTER 25

don't forget to vote and comment!

can we reach 100 votes and 50 comments??? (p.s quicker update, I'll post again this weekend!!)

"One,"

  Arsen's eyes tightly shut to a close as his left hand tightened against Armelle's, relishing in the warmth she brought before he felt his body freely fall off the edge off the cliff. The waterfall roared in his ears and his heart pounded so loudly that he swore you could hear in the quietest room. The wind rushed past his hair, adrenaline coursed through his veins as he heard Armelle's scream escape her lips. He hollered loudly that he knew the pack would be able to hear it as it echoed through the trees. He never felt freer as gravity pulled him closer to the water below.

He could barely hear Armelle's scream of delight before his body hit the surface of the water and plunged underneath, fingers still tightly wrapped around his own as the water encased him. . For a split second, it felt almost peaceful, their bodies dancing in the water, eyes closed and hands tightened further. But soon enough, their lungs begged from breath, bubbles swarmed around him, he furiously kicked his legs and brought them back up to the surface.

There was a slight ringing in his ears, Arsen could hear Armelle breathing heavily, taking in mouth fulls of air as he did the same. His head shook, clearing the water away from his eyes so he could see clearly. The melodic sound of her excited laughter echoed throughout the waterfall sending him into a spiral of emotions.

"Let's go again!" he heard her cheer as his eyes peeled open to see the beautiful, yet wet-haired Armelle whose smile shined a thousand watts. It was almost like a bird song to him, no matter where he heard it, he swore it brightened his day and he wouldn't admit it out loud, but she was the prettiest when she was smiling. The way her eyes crinkled and her lips curled upward made his stomach tighten.

"I told you that you would have fun," he gloated as his wolf beamed at the happiness of its mate. He watched Armelle roll her eyes at him and looked at him with mischief.

"Yeah, yeah, now let's go again," she grinned before propelling herself towards the edge of the bank. Arsen simply gazed at her excited being who hurriedly ran back up the waterfall. Again, his eyes trailed down her back, noticing how her waist dipped right in the middle of her body, before coming back out again in an hour-glass figure. It was easy to tell how much effort she put into her training, her back muscles glistened in the sunlight as water droplets dipped down the crevices of her arms and legs. From this particular angle, it looked as if she was the human embodiment of sunshine, with her smile that lit up the forest and eyes glistening with happiness, he was glad that it was her who-

"I'm gonna jump again!" her melodic voice broke him out of his trance.

'Of course, the future Alpha had a fit physique,' he had reminded himself, feeling too caught up in her body that he'd forgotten what was really going on around him.

"Alright! Just don't fall on me!" he screamed as his eyes watched her tiny figure from above. She disappeared behind the edge of the waterfall and as Arsen slowly moved back, he watched the alpha-to-be practically throw her body off the cliff and her screams pierced through the silence. As she slowly formed herself into a cannonball, Arsen felt another large smile form on his lips, watching the Alpha finally feel free, for probably, the first time in years. Once her body hit the water, Arsen began to swim towards her and the waves caused by her impact hit his face. Floating just a metre away from her, her head broke free from the water, hair splashing behind her as her ragged breath inhaled as much air as it could.

"That was amazing!" she beamed and her gleaming eyes found his.

-

After a few more rounds of jumping off the waterfall, individually and together, trying to pull different moves before they decided that enough was enough.

"See, I told you we'd have fun," he boasted and another smirked appeared on his face. Armelle rolled her eyes but nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, this was pretty fun. Almost forgot what it really felt like," she admitted before floating on her back, chest heaving up and down, looking up to the bright sky above. Arsen adverted his eyes and coughed.

"Really? And here I was thinking that the alpha-to-be had a lot of freedom," Arsen responded back sarcastically.

"Shut up will you, but thanks, this was pretty fun," she replied back earnestly, closing her eyes as taking in her surroundings.

"You're welcome, Alpha," he drawled but continued to smile as he watched her from his position.

"It's been a while since I had a proper day off, I'm glad I decided to be nice to you today," Armelle joked and a small laugh left her mouth. Arsen chuckled and shrugged as he too floated on his back, admiring his surroundings.

"Guess I just felt nice today too," he feigned innocence. He felt a splash on his face.

"Jerk," Armelle snickered. Arsen quickly wiped away the water from his eyes and glared at her.

"Alright, you asked for it," he warned. Armelle's eyes widened before screaming playfully, her arms pushing her away from him as Arsen propelled an arm's length of water her way and landed on her face.

"Oh no you didn't!" she gasped before sending an equal amount of water towards him, but he ducked underneath the water, avoiding her attack before jumping back up again and splashed more water back to her. He heard her squeal and instantly dived under the water and pushed himself to catch her legs underwater, bringing her down with him. Her legs flailed against his arms, but he tightened his grips, ignoring the tingles that shot down his spine.

He heard her muffled screams as he smiled underwater before bringing her to his eye level, he struggled to see through the bubbles as his eyes only squinted. He watched Armelle's mouth open in a smile, as her eyes too, peaked open. He felt her happiness radiate as she splashed, or, more or less, created more bubbles, trying to escape out of his grasp. He didn't let go, but instead held her closer, before bringing themselves back up to the surface to allow them to breath. Arsen heard his wolf yip happily at the close proximity between Armelle and him, he immediately shut him out.

"Arsen let go!" she laughed as her hands found itself pushing against his forearms in a weak attempt to break free. All she got was a simple shake of the head and a throaty laugh.

"Make me," he taunted. He felt Armelle stiffen for a moment, before noticing a smirk appear on her lips.

"Okay fine, I will," she challenged before all of sudden, Arsen felt a wave of water overcome in, entering his unsuspecting eyes.

"Shit," he spluttered before unconsciously letting goes of Armelle who whooped in success, the warmth of her body gone in an instant.

"Hah, I did it!" Armelle exclaimed and threw her arms in the air, laughing wildly and freely.

"I guess you did," he admitted with a small smile on his face as he looked at her, feeling his heart constrict at her happiness. He knew, in his heart, he wanted to have this moment frozen in time.

"Stop it," his inner voice reminded himself.

Moments later, Armelle sighed, before falling on her back, exhausted.

"We should head back, we've been out here for hours," Armelle reminded him and noticed how the sun disappeared behind the trees. Arsen only nodded in reply and felt his wrinkled fingers on the palm of his equally wrinkled hand, apart of him felt reluctant to leave the water.

"Yeah, we should go,"

a.n another chapter? wow, i'm really out here updating